1986 10 Meter >

1986 10 Meter

Notices

1986 10 Meter

Old 07-27-2009, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1986 10 Meter

Looking at a 86 10 meter with 454-370 TRS drives, 375 hours on boat, all original, looks to be a real clean boat. looking for opinions on this boat as far as ride in rough water. Does anyone know what this boat weighs? Anything I should pay special attention too when I go and look at it? I noticed that the exhaust comes out below the rub rail and on most that I have seen they are above the rub rail. Was there a problem with these older ones and they then changed the location? Is this something to be concerned with? Thanks for your help
Old 07-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Registered

I have a 89 10m. I think it rides great in rough water. Had it in some big waves yesterday.

The exhaust is usually above the rub rail on these ones but I have seen a few with it below the rail. Just make sure there are flaps on it and if you wanted to change it it would not be that hard, as long as you can do glass work.

What motors are in it? 330's? 425's? Anything done to them at all?

What exhaust?

What trans?

How much?

Old 07-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Registered

stock 454-370hp, I'm not sure what tranny's it has. The guy's bottom line is 25k. The boat appears to be all original. I think he said one of the tranny's was new. Also has triple axle alum trailer that goes with it. I'm going this weekend to take a look at it
Old 07-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

If the owner says it ALL ORIGINAL, I would have the engine compression checked ! All cylinders on both, just saves you headaches down the road. They are solid boats, nothing really to look for... as DG said on the exhaust, keep flappers on it or raise em' up above the rail.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:35 PM
10M
Registered

I have an '88 10 meter w/330 454s, BW trannies and TRS. Great in rough water, it'll take whatever you give it. Not the fastest but rides better than my buddy's '02 32 Fever in the rough stuff. I think they weigh around 7500 or so. Definately replace or thoroughly check the exhaust, risers, and all thermostat housings for corrosion, I had to replace all that on mine and it's not cheap. It will ruin the motor if they're too corroded. Other than that check the fluids and run it!
Old 08-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Registered

For 10m that old, make sure you check the transom. Love the old school square transom styling.