Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
to all fountain owners >

to all fountain owners

Notices

to all fountain owners

Old 08-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fountains are affordable quality. You can keep them for years and they still maintain that great look.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Registered

I also like Fountains never had one but might one day. Here is a good video of Reggie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fn5h...layer_embedded
Old 08-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

The performance boat market is a trainwreck and Reggie is trying to sell boats.....I can't say I always agree with their tactics but then again I don't pretend to understand what it takes to sell boats these days....on the Jammin on the James run my boat had a mechanical issue and I was not able to complete the run....Reggie was made aware of this by a third party at the lunch stop and sought me out and gave me his seat for the remainder of the run.....I thought and still think that it was a tremendous gesture.....unfortunately there were some situations that occurred at the run that involved the guys from Fountain that the organizers of the run weren't too happy about...I know and have a alot of respect for both parties and I am confident that they can make amends so hopefully all will be welcomed at future events
Old 08-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by carcrash
When I was looking for a new boat, I went in to talk to Bob Teague. I asked him about a few of the boats we were considering (including Cig and Formula and a couple of west coast custom builders). He said I should not stop looking until I had also checked out Fountains. A couple of his guys also strongly suggested I investigate Fountains.

So I did, and I liked what I discovered. Soon, I had narrowed the search down to a 42 Lightning. Found a great boat, great condition, great price, went down and spent the day checking it out. It was almost perfect, just not enough headroom, not enough open cockpit space, but every boat is a compromise. It was the closest thing we could find to what we wanted. So I brought my wife and the checkbook the next day...
But as we were driving to get there, we both noticed a boat in a broker's lot, a boat I had never seen (that's unusual!). It was a Fountain 32 Sportfish Cruiser. While it was much shorter than we wanted, it had more headroom, and a much much more fun cockpit. "All boats are compromises" but this appeared to be much less of a compromise than the 42 Lightning. We spent a bit more time comparing the two, fell in love with the performance and handling of both, and went with the far more cruisable 32.

We do our boating in the Pacific, and the closest islands are 25 miles offshore, the more interesting ones are over 50. The conditions near our favorite cruising grounds (Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa, and San Miguel islands) regularly see over 8 foot seas and gale force winds. So longer is always better. But we also end up spending days on-board, so the better cabin and cockpit really makes the 32 a better boat for us.

I would love to get a bigger boat, but all the new cruiser/fish Fountains are too wide and heavy to trailer. A sportfish cruiser based on a 42 or 47 hull would be great.

But instead, we are planning on building custom next time, since no production builder builds what we really want.
I have an older 47 Sport Cruiser. I'll bet it is just what you want. It is basically a Lightning hull with a taller deck with 6'4" headroom in the cabin. I got one in great condition with low hours and love it.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

hey dookie... from one fellow fountain owner to another!!! the man is a rooster cause his boats have for several years, outperformed most every other boat in their class!!! the boats really speak for themselves, quality construction, and hull designs way ahead of their times!!! so why not strut ur **** when ur at the top of ur game!!! lol