Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
1996 Fountain Fever 29 w/ Twin Merc 500s - Questions! >

1996 Fountain Fever 29 w/ Twin Merc 500s - Questions!

Notices

1996 Fountain Fever 29 w/ Twin Merc 500s - Questions!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I bought the very first 29 with 500s in 1995. The performance report was 88.6. My boat also had the seats moved back 2 inches to give me more room between the throttles and seat. I still have it today and would not take anything for it. It now runs 93 with 509s EFI's. Likes to chimewalk above 86, but I have gotten used to it.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by special reserve
2 Urban legends. The throttles are not on the left because reggie is left handed. Or so that your buddy can trottle while you drive. That is just plain crazy. The throttles are on the left because reggie figured most peope are right handed and they should have their stronger hand on the wheel. But I could be wrong.

In the Lightning Videos on the Fountain website Reggie is quoted saying that the throttles are on the left "so another person can throttle in rough water". Now...... I own a 35 lightning and also teach some new performance boat owners how to handle there performance boats and I will have them wheel while I throttle and trim. In this case it works great but in rough water you are in between the seats and are trying too hard not to get bounced around and IMHO throttling is just not a good idea.