Fountain files chapter 11 bankruptcy >

Fountain files chapter 11 bankruptcy

Notices

Fountain files chapter 11 bankruptcy

Old 09-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

They do build a GREAT boat and have great customer service. I believe that they will pull it out.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
That would explain his distorted portrayal of reality, and attempted munipulation of the same...
spoken like a true 1977 wellcraft owner
Old 09-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy has a Stafordshire Bull Terrior - The Spuds MacKenzie dog. We all named him Reggie - short in stature but forcefull in will. I am betting that the man will pull it out. It is his lifes work, his passion, his love and his child. The world of offshore would not be the same without him. He has my respect and I wish him the best and the hell with anybody who is enjoying his predicament just to be mean spirited.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
spoken like a true 1977 wellcraft owner
yep...it's a nova 250, 25' long, no beak (well 27' IF you count the swim platform). Actually I have nothing against fountains, it's on of the brands I will be looking at when I finish school. I do find Reggie's marketing akin to something like a cross between Ringling bros. circus and saturday night live though...
Old 09-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Registered

yep...it's a nova 250, 25' long, no beak (well 27' IF you count the swim platform). Actually I have nothing against fountains, it's on of the brands I will be looking at when I finish school. I do find Reggie's marketing akin to something like a cross between Ringling bros. circus and saturday night live though...
I don't think even the so-called experts could have predicted how bad things would actually get and how fast they'd get there... However -

When you get out of school, let us know when you create a company and a marketing effort that generates a billion dollars worth of something.

It's incredibly easy to find the faults of others while you're in academic land. Fountain's crazy, seemingly off the wall approach to marketing is one of the biggest single reasons why people line up to meet him at the boat show booths.

I would not necessarily agree with 100% of anyone's ideas but that lil' guy from the south did something right to be able to appreciate the type of success that his company has enjoyed. Though he may not be a genius, he's smarter and has a lot more business acumen than I have been able to muster up thus far.

Long live the beak - - -
Old 09-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SDFever
I don't think even the so-called experts could have predicted how bad things would actually get and how fast they'd get there... However -

When you get out of school, let us know when you create a company and a marketing effort that generates a billion dollars worth of something.

It's incredibly easy to find the faults of others while you're in academic land. Fountain's crazy, seemingly off the wall approach to marketing is one of the biggest single reasons why people line up to meet him at the boat show booths.

I would not necessarily agree with 100% of anyone's ideas but that lil' guy from the south did something right to be able to appreciate the type of success that his company has enjoyed. Though he may not be a genius, he's smarter and has a lot more business acumen than I have been able to muster up thus far.

Long live the beak - - -
Ringling bros. is full of clowsns..SNL is total satire, both funny, yet make money. I never said he wasn't successful, he may be be Gene Simmon's long lost brother, but he is successful....
Old 09-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

yep...it's a nova 250, 25' long, no beak ...

So how is Wellcraft doing these days?
Old 09-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Registered

Ringling bros. is full of clowsns..SNL is total satire, both funny, yet make money. I never said he wasn't successful, he may be be Gene Simmon's long lost brother, but he is successful....
As I said, why don't you share your marketing ideas? What have you done? What are you doing now? What did you do to know so much about marketing sport boats?

Maybe you should bring some of your ideas to light. If you're only poking at the nerdy ways, then you'd have to consider how many boxes of Oxyclean were sold with Billy screaming at you. What about Vince with Shamwow? Fountain isn't the only company that has had niche ways of advertising and promoting. Selling has always had twisted avenues and delusional bs. I'm trying to understand how and where you think he is so wrong.

Who's to say that he didn't see this coming and had a bk plan 1.5 - 2 years ago?? In which case would make him even more convoluted or dumb... like a fox.

Last edited by SDFever; 09-11-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Registered

DAmn you guys get your beak or feathers or whatever ruffled easy.... please actually read what I wrote, not between the lines, not with predetermined judgemental fanatacism...just read what I wrote. I never made any claim as to whether the marketing strategy was good, bad or indifferent. I stated it was comical. I also stated that fountain was a brand I may buy in the future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.