Purchasing Fountain Powerboats >

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Notices

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Old 09-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I call Roshambo

First the "Huslter" says they are buying Fountain eventhough Fountain was going to auction, then they said they couldn't come up with the money. This sounds like putting the cart before the horse. It's like saying you've won the lottery then finding out your ticket didn't win..

I call Roshambo..

Originally Posted by raceday500
Our acquisition of secured bank notes of Fountain Powerboats fell a few hours short to Oxford Investment as we were in meetings with Reggie Fountain at his facility on Thursday. It is our understanding that they will be able to run the bid up at the auction to 20 Million dollars. This number does not work to make this a viable investment from us as additional money will be needed to get employees back on the line, re-stock materials and keep the business up and running over the next two years while the country comes back from its current recession. We feel it is a sad day in the boating industry as our expertise and high standards would have helped enhanced the Fountain and Baja lines.

Our passion for building high quality boats is alive and well and we will continue to build Hustler’s full line of boats to the highest standards. We will be coming out with our new 29’ in our Rockit Series at the Miami Boat show to fill that current void in the market place and would like to thank everyone who wished us well over the last few weeks.

We will be looking at new ventures in our industry in the coming months.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Registered

Hustler sucks. thats all i got to say about that
Old 09-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Registered

I have heard through a good source that Oxford will try to make the company work and if they cannot they will liquidate it. I have looked over their portfolio and do not see any marine experience. Seem they have dealt with manufacturing companies that sales are based on huge manufacturing contracts.... No such thing in the boat business. Do they really think GE is going to give their dealers floorplanning right now? Just food for thought....

Is Oxford going to cover the Warranty on all boats built before their purchase... A question fountain owners should ask?

I am not willing to buy a boat from a company that may or may not survive.

Here is the link to their Portfolio http://www.oxfordinvestmentgroup.com...tprofiles.html
Old 09-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Registered

Default Setting the Record Straight

If you read my post you will see I did not state that we did not have the financing. Hustler had every dime they wanted for the bank note. While we are at the factory with Reggie, taking the tour to make our final decision on purchasing fountain, Oxford wired the money to the bank for the secured notes. We were sitting in Reggie's Office when he gave us the news.

We were very excited about purchasing Fountain and working hand and hand with Reggie. We think Fountain and the name is a staple in this industry and did not want to see it go by the way side or be bought by a huge conglomerate in my opinion wanting to make a quick dollar.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
Hustler sucks. thats all i got to say about that
Wow Reggie does post on here........
Old 09-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Registered

whatever
Old 09-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by raceday500
We think Fountain and the name is a staple in this industry and did not want to see it go by the way side or be bought by a huge conglomerate in my opinion wanting to make a quick dollar.
Sounds like you jumped the gun on the aquistiion announcement. Oxfod must see some kind of value in the company to pay four times more than Hustler was willing to. It looks like they prefer to manage their investments independently, so I would not be surpised if Reggie sticks around.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Registered

Default It still stinks

:

:cuqui::
:

Last edited by johnnynj66; 09-22-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Wow Reggie does post on here........
lollol
Old 09-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Registered

come on people. do the math. who comes on a forum like this and blows smoke of this volume. ok this is the real deal. My name is pottsie. I own mudville marine of arkasas. I am going to buy dipstick boat company....ooooppppps i just got out bid by banjo rick and his swinging stick company.... oh well. i really wanted dipstick boat company because i want to keep the name going. ONLY LISTEN TO SHOGREN FOR INFORMATION OR RELIABLE POSTERS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.