Fuel Fill woes >

Fuel Fill woes

Notices

Fuel Fill woes

Old 10-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder if the whistle thing creates an even more of a restriction in the vent line making the problem even worse?

I've had the hose off a the back side of the vent fitting before, no big deal. I've also thought that the opening of the vent fitting is to small in relation to the hose size when looking at it. The vent hose is big enough, just can't the air out thru the vent fitting fast enough, pressurizing the tank. Thinking out loud here
Old 10-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have had 5 Fevers' and everyone of them would spray fuel out of the vent if you weren't paying full attention when filling them. One was particularly bad, it would spray out the vent no matter how careful you were, and then when you would pull away from the gas station, it looked like NASCAR pulling out of the pits with gas gushing out of the vent as you started off down the road! Our 35 Lightning twin step never sprayed any fuel out the vents (one fill and vent on each side).
Old 10-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Registered

I have to fill mine w/handle upside down also. Try it
Old 10-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I wonder if the whistle thing creates an even more of a restriction in the vent line making the problem even worse?

I've had the hose off a the back side of the vent fitting before, no big deal. I've also thought that the opening of the vent fitting is to small in relation to the hose size when looking at it. The vent hose is big enough, just can't the air out thru the vent fitting fast enough, pressurizing the tank. Thinking out loud here
I dont have the whistle installed yet so I dont think thats adding to my problem. I also think the vent line is to small just like you said.Thats why im trying to find where in goes into tank and how to reach it.I will try the handle upside down this saturday and see what happens.

Thanks for suggestions
Old 10-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chewspit666
I have to fill mine w/handle upside down also. Try it
I have seen people do this. I have the same problem so i will try it as well. But why would it help? I dont see the difference one way or the other.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Registered

Angry B-Chit

Not all but most of the problem involves these stupid EPA fill pump handles for morons.

Notice when you use a fuel dock pump handle, the problem isn't as bad.

Mine has always done it as well. Just listen to the "swirl" sound coming out of the vent. Of course, if you're at one of those stupid frickin' stations where they have the constant talking advertisement going on like Shell, you're screwed because you can't hear the swirl sound over that stupid talking white coat asian bragging about an additive that doesn't do squat.

Last edited by SDFever; 10-07-2009 at 12:37 PM.