Special thanks to EB Marine >

Special thanks to EB Marine

Notices

Special thanks to EB Marine

Old 11-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
All right if those other two won't tell ya I'll spill the beans...

you can put a -2" drive on a 18" X-dim 35' lightning if you spin 5 blade maximus props with 1.36 gears and at 5600 she will haul! Doesn't even blow out at all getting on plane and it accelerates like a sport bike...

Thanks gofastlvr, we have been on the slow jerk too long !!

I am assuming those Vortechs put motors at 700+ per side ?
Stock diameter Maximus or ????
Awesome numbers, thanks for comment on planing ability. Top end is nothing if you lose driveability.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan! Allen I told u to slow down when coming off mont eagle mtn
on your way to the chattaooga poker run
Lol
Old 11-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Registered

Sorry that i have not had time to reply this thread. Anyway the set up is 500 efi with vortech superchargers. Vortech says 700 horsepower so I assume that this is correct. Anyway at the Chattanooga poker run a i let a friend drive the boat that was owned several step bottom fountain: he told me that i need to do something before I got hurt he said the boat had the nose buried and would bow hook. I did not know any better as this is the first twin step fountain i had ever driven or owned.

I came home and considered alot of things but got the offfer from EB marine to take his drives off and try them on my boat. These are -2" shortie Imco's. The boat had ran 102 before and my first time behind the wheel with the shorties ran 104. The difference before was when you got to 102 before you had to get out of it, know with the shorties you could drive it at 104 until you ran out of gas.

Before we could never stay up to speed long enough to do the programming. The following day we went back and did some programming and ended up where we are.

I have driven the boat over several days on windy day and glass smooth days and the boat ran and felt great both days.

The props are maximums that are marked 15 1/4" x 32. These props were bought used and have been labbed. I have no idea who labbed them but I wish i did know. Anyway I cannot say that I have ever payed much attention to other maximum props but they look like they have a massive amount of tip cup in them to me.

I have looked at several videos over the last few days from poker runs and noticed tha not all boats ran as flat as mine did before for example M3Seth on OSO boats carrys high like mine does with the shorties only his does not have shorties however his is a year newer than mine. my point being I am not sure that shorties will help the newer 35's.

If i have missed any questions I will try to answere them in a more timely manner.
Allen
Old 12-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 29scarab10
Sorry that i have not had time to reply this thread. Anyway the set up is 500 efi with vortech superchargers. Vortech says 700 horsepower so I assume that this is correct. Anyway at the Chattanooga poker run a i let a friend drive the boat that was owned several step bottom fountain: he told me that i need to do something before I got hurt he said the boat had the nose buried and would bow hook. I did not know any better as this is the first twin step fountain i had ever driven or owned.

I came home and considered alot of things but got the offfer from EB marine to take his drives off and try them on my boat. These are -2" shortie Imco's. The boat had ran 102 before and my first time behind the wheel with the shorties ran 104. The difference before was when you got to 102 before you had to get out of it, know with the shorties you could drive it at 104 until you ran out of gas.

Before we could never stay up to speed long enough to do the programming. The following day we went back and did some programming and ended up where we are.

I have driven the boat over several days on windy day and glass smooth days and the boat ran and felt great both days.

The props are maximums that are marked 15 1/4" x 32. These props were bought used and have been labbed. I have no idea who labbed them but I wish i did know. Anyway I cannot say that I have ever payed much attention to other maximum props but they look like they have a massive amount of tip cup in them to me.

I have looked at several videos over the last few days from poker runs and noticed tha not all boats ran as flat as mine did before for example M3Seth on OSO boats carrys high like mine does with the shorties only his does not have shorties however his is a year newer than mine. my point being I am not sure that shorties will help the newer 35's.

If i have missed any questions I will try to answere them in a more timely manner.
Allen
Allen, Come back to Chattanooga we love hanging out with you guy's and girls.

I have never met a better bunch of people who try so hard to squeeze ever once of performance they can out of a boat other than me and be so willing to share that with others, and may I add try so hard to help other people reach there goals and enjoy themselves. And you guys never exspect anything in return except a smile on someones face for the help or improved performance they experience.
You share these talents in such a transparent way.

My hat is off to You and Eric and all the gang from Nashville Who came to chattanooga an brought such a great breath of fresh air down with you.

Boating is really all about helping your fellow man

Your friend for life

Gerald

P.S. We have had so many great compliments for the video your friend made for us (FREE) Thank You once again for that great, great, great show.

This video helps share with other people what we do at poker runs.

Last edited by gnorthga; 12-01-2009 at 09:09 PM. Reason: spell
Old 12-02-2009, 07:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by gnorthga
Allen, Come back to Chattanooga we love hanging out with you guy's and girls.

I have never met a better bunch of people who try so hard to squeeze ever once of performance they can out of a boat other than me and be so willing to share that with others, and may I add try so hard to help other people reach there goals and enjoy themselves. And you guys never exspect anything in return except a smile on someones face for the help or improved performance they experience.
You share these talents in such a transparent way.

My hat is off to You and Eric and all the gang from Nashville Who came to chattanooga an brought such a great breath of fresh air down with you.

Boating is really all about helping your fellow man

Your friend for life

Gerald

P.S. We have had so many great compliments for the video your friend made for us (FREE) Thank You once again for that great, great, great show.

This video helps share with other people what we do at poker runs.
Gerald,
Thanks for the kind words. The Nashville group is blessed to have a great group of people that share the same interest snd are able to go and experience these great advents. Also Eugene has made a longer (about 20 minutes) video that is even better than the first. PM me your mailing address and I will get you a dvd in the mail. Good luck with all your projects and le us know of there is anything we can help with.
Allen
Old 12-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Registered
VIP Member

All I can say is I'm making the next run in Chattanooga with you guys no matter what I've got to do... I have heard nothing but great things and how much fun is was!
Old 12-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Registered

Gerald,
Thanks for the kind words. The Nashville group is blessed to have a great group of people that share the same interest snd are able to go and experience these great advents. Also Eugene has made a longer (about 20 minutes) video that is even better than the first. PM me your mailing address and I will get you a dvd in the mail. Good luck with all your projects and le us know of there is anything we can help with.
Allen
north georgia heat and air
attn. gerald
p.o. box 272

wildwood ga. 30757
Old 12-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gnorthga
north georgia heat and air
attn. gerald
p.o. box 272

wildwood ga. 30757
Gerald,
Eugine wound up having to make copies of the video for me. Anyway your copy went out in the mail today, Sorry it took so long.
Allen
Old 12-23-2009, 07:22 AM
Registered

Gerald,
Eugine wound up having to make copies of the video for me. Anyway your copy went out in the mail today, Sorry it took so long.
Allen
Thanks guys!

Also like to wish you and all the family in Nashville
a very happy holiday season

Last edited by gnorthga; 12-23-2009 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Spell