5 Blade Props on a 27 or 29 >

5 Blade Props on a 27 or 29

Notices

5 Blade Props on a 27 or 29

Old 01-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griswald
What power did you have and what size was the prop?
I believe I had my Raylar 600 at that time with the bravo 1 x drive. Can't remember the pitch but it was a big prop from BBlades that I rented while we were working.

You could tell it was a load on the drive for sure but it's also a very cool prop. Again, I plan to buy one most likely but lookin' for used. They are a grip of money for the working stiff.

I personally would not recommend running it on anything less than XR but I'm sure I'll take heat for this comment. I think I might have broken a drive once.....
Old 01-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SDFever
I believe I had my Raylar 600 at that time with the bravo 1 x drive. Can't remember the pitch but it was a big prop from BBlades that I rented while we were working.

You could tell it was a load on the drive for sure but it's also a very cool prop. Again, I plan to buy one most likely but lookin' for used. They are a grip of money for the working stiff.

I personally would not recommend running it on anything less than XR but I'm sure I'll take heat for this comment. I think I might have broken a drive once.....
Ya gotta get off the gas when you are 20' in the air. lol.

I'm going w a new igniton to pull the big 4 blade I'm running. I heard tose 5 blades are sweet for surface drives,, ?? What do I know..

Last edited by mcprodesign; 01-08-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Registered

I really dig that all-white look!

I've got a 28 LH Bravo I bought from Brett and a 28 LH Hydro that came with the boat. The Bravo is a great prop and the boat drives very well with it. You can sure tell the difference with the stern lift of the Hydro, though. I can only get about 4800 with the Hydro and a lot of trim. The Bravo will get just over 5100. They both carry about the same top end mph, but the Bravo is night/day difference getting on plane. MobileMercMan has a 26 Hydro he's going to let me try to see if another 150rpm or so will get me some more top end. Don't know if I'll get to try it before spring, but you never know.

Last edited by Griswald; 01-08-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griswald
I really dig that all-white look!

I've got a 28 LH Bravo I bought from Brett and a 28 LH Hydro that came with the boat. The Bravo is a great prop and the boat drives very well with it. You can sure tell the difference with the stern lift of the Hydro, though. I can only get about 4800 with the Hydro and a lot of trim. The Bravo will get just over 5100. They both carry about the same top end mph, but the Bravo is night/day difference getting on plane. MobileMercMan has a 26 Hydro he's going to let me try to see if another 150rpm or so will get me some more top end. Don't know if I'll get to try it before spring, but you never know.
I got a righty 28 from Brett.. I tested a stocker 26 bravo.. got about 200 more Rpms w the stock 26. around 5400. right now I'm at 51-5200 w the labbed 28. Like 1 MPH more w the 28

ran the stock hydro prop...I think it was a 27
One thing it did for my boat is it threw a cool rooser tail .. top end was a little less that the brav..about the same as the 26. 52-5300 RPMs

The Hydro would get this friggin' air pocket around it when i turned that would not goway peacfully. so i went w the bravo..

Now i need to set my Timing at 32 instead of 30 and get a real ignition to pull the 28 maybe look at air flow into the motor some more. I get 100 RPMs more w the hatch open 6 inches,( held down securely w tiedowns)

we'll see

Chad

Last edited by mcprodesign; 01-09-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Registered

I do have to say that the Maximus props that we were using had the diffuser ring machined off of them. We tried one (left rotation) with the ring...the boat "walked" sideways about 5' at around 90mph. The ring added to much stern lift.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
Ya gotta get off the gas when you are 20' in the air. lol.

I'm going w a new igniton to pull the big 4 blade I'm running. I heard tose 5 blades are sweet for surface drives,, ?? What do I know..

Are you implying that my boat has ever gotten a little air?
Old 01-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Banned

I tryed a p5x and a maximus on my 29 ant the plaining was much better not a big difference in midrange and I lost about 2-3 mph on the top end with both. But the best part was how it handled it turned 10 times better with the 5 blade i really liked the maximus
Old 01-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Registered

Default Just Don't Forget

There are probably not many boats that a "stock" Maximus will perform nicely out of the box for.

It will require some finesse and patience to get it where you want it. It can produce good top end if labbed by someone who knows what they're doing.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SDFever
Are you implying that my boat has ever gotten a little air?
I never tire of seeing the picture of you piloting your beast as the amazed onlookers look on.

post it up
Old 01-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
I never tire of seeing the picture of you piloting your beast as the amazed onlookers look on.

post it up
Well thanks but when did you ever see any onlookers lookin' at me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.