42 #6 with razor blades need latter >

42 #6 with razor blades need latter

Notices

42 #6 with razor blades need latter

Old 02-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 292SR1
Who has bought/added an extended platform (from Fountain or other) and how much $ are we looking at? I really like the one on the 2009 Arneson boat on the Fountain website.
X2.????

Would need to have slots for aeration tubes on #6 boats.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelly O
X2.????

Would need to have slots for aeration tubes on #6 boats.
I gave up that idea. No way I would give up tubes takes to long to get on plane without them
Old 02-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Registered

I am moving toward a 42/700. Just a thought: would an extended platform like the factory Arneson Boat be the ticket?

I share the same concern about injuries at raft up.
The extended platform would be a very good idea, it's hard to stop stupid. A few year's back while rafted up a non-boater thought one of the prop's would be a good step, hard way to learn for him. I bet next he finds a boat with a latter.[its hard to baby-sit people from other boats all the time]
Old 02-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Registered

From what I understood from Fountain is that they haven't made any for this application. They also said that the tubes were a concern but they could somehow bumper them. The thing is still on the drawing board. I'm not the only one asking for it, so they are working on the situation. The Baja step-which they make-costs $2700; it was suggested to me that it would be at least this much. Installation is yet another can of worms. The P1 boat (with the Arneson drives) had the step installed prior to fusion of the deck and hull. However, Marty at Fountain gave me the impression that he was optimistic they could make one that would fit on after the fact. So if anyone else is remotely in need of this, call Marty, maybe it will light a fire--perhaps we will get something before the water gets very warm this season.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Registered

Yes I thought about the clearance for the tubes and whether the extended platform would work with them. I am used to feathering the throttle with my prior Sonic which was a heavy boat with standard bravo's and 500's.

Gnortha who started this whole thing seems to think the aeration tubes are a must have. I would give up the planing speed if I could go to the beach without worry. We are dayboaters (beach/raftup) but enjoy poker runs a lot. We were not using the cabin of the Sonic which was a nice boat but too slow for Poker Runs so I sold it.

How hard are these boats to plane without the tubes? Sorry for the hijack.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Registered

Yes I thought about the clearance for the tubes and whether the extended platform would work with them. I am used to feathering the throttle with my prior Sonic which was a heavy boat with standard bravo's and 500's.

Gnortha who started this whole thing seems to think the aeration tubes are a must have. I would give up the planing speed if I could go to the beach without worry. We are dayboaters (beach/raftup) but enjoy poker runs a lot. We were not using the cabin of the Sonic which was a nice boat but too slow for Poker Runs so I sold it.

Scott Shogren could answer that better than me, but I made sure they were on my boat

On this boat with the drives trimmed all the way in You only trim out 1.5 max because it has such high x

No fun getting on plane without tubes

I have lived with a boat that was hard to plane and it was a drag at any poker run with full tanks and people

You want the tubes

Last edited by gnorthga; 02-24-2010 at 08:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Registered

Cool Solution

My boat has a nice 3 step ladder that does not touch the drive when it's down most of the way.

Trade me boats and your problem is solved! I've always wanted a 35 - 42 with 6's hanging out in the way of everything.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our 38/700 boat doesnt have tubes. 5 people 200 gallons of gas, and 90 degree temps, both at Jax Poker run, and Jammin on the James, we got on plane with another 38/700 with tubes, and a 42/700's also with tubes. Maybe they got on plane easier, but we were not that much slower to get on plane. Scott, from Shogren, Wyatt, from Fountain, and Bullhead(Oh so Sexy) 42, say that its easier to get on plane. Boating normally around our area, my wife and I, a cooler, ect. We just ease on plane anyway, so its not a real problem. Its part of running big props, high X, and Mercurys, torque management system. You just learn to live with it.

Last edited by Beak Boater; 02-25-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Our 38/700 boat doesnt have tubes. 5 people 200 gallons of gas, and 90 degree temps, both at Jax Poker run, and Jammin on the James, we got on plane with another 38/700 with tubes, and a 42/700's also with tubes. Maybe they got on plane easier, but we were not that much slower to get on plane. Scott, from Shogren, Wyatt, from Fountain, and Bullhead(Oh so Sexy) 42, say that its easier to get on plane. Boating normally around our area, my wife and I, a cooler, ect. We just ease on plane anyway, so its not a real problem. Its part of running big props, high X, and Mercurys, torque management system. You just learn to live with it.
But don't forget how cool they look......we actually use the the tubes to help with getting on the boat....we step on the tab and put one hand on top on the tube and then grab the cleat with the other hand....I like your idea of tying a loop in a rope and hanging it from the cleat as grab handle
Old 02-26-2010, 06:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bullhead
But don't forget how cool they look......we actually use the the tubes to help with getting on the boat....we step on the tab and put one hand on top on the tube and then grab the cleat with the other hand....I like your idea of tying a loop in a rope and hanging it from the cleat as grab handle
Yes! they are cool

Is that how you get in the boat in the water or on the trailer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.