35 Executioner vs 35 Lightning >

35 Executioner vs 35 Lightning

Notices

35 Executioner vs 35 Lightning

Old 04-24-2017, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CaptJohnT
I have a 2008 35 Lightning with staggered 496's, XR SSM drives with 1.5 gears and 31 Hering 6 blades. the boat is a solid 82 mph with almost any load. I have had it 87 one time with a side sea and wind. My guess is the wind and sea condition helped get the hull loose. I boat in the Destin FL area and we have some pretty good size rollers outside the inlet to the gulf and it handles them pretty good for the size hull it is. I have heard the first 35 Stag 496 boat went 91 but was really light from the factory.
Hi Capt John,

I just purchased a 2008 fountain 35 lightning with 496 HO with 5 blade 32 Maximus Props on Short Sport Masters. 175 hours, beautiful boat. I was thinking about changing my props to 6 blade. I noticed you wrote you have that set-up. I was thinking of switching because getting on plane is a pain in the neck. Did you notice a difference with the 6 blades as far as getting on plane. And how is overall performance with them?
Old 04-28-2017, 12:41 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^CaptJohnT hasn't posted in 7 years - its unlikely you'll get a reply. I have the same 35 Lightning with SSM lowers you do but have 525's. Also have the Hering 6 blade props you asked about. I agree these boats can be a bit challenging to get on plane. I haven't run mine with any other props so I can't comment one way or the other but I feel it has to do more with the full stagger setup than anything else.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=MN35LIGHTNING;4550108]^^CaptJohnT hasn't posted in 7 years

Thanks MN35LIGHTNING I am starting to feel the same way. Everyone I speak with says the same thing about getting on plane.
Old 05-14-2017, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you sell your maximus ??