speaker locations >

speaker locations

Notices

speaker locations

Old 05-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dookie
Amps seem to be pretty reasonable these days so i would not run them off the head unit only. I listened to a set of 7.7's yesterday in my partners bass boat with a small amp and was overly impressed, cannot believe the sound he is getting out of those. Another friend called me over to his house on saturday to listen to his new setup that he was very proud of . He had 4 west marine speakers , a Kicker marine amp and two bazooka self powered marine tubes. Bass response was pretty ok , and the volume was loud , but honestly it sounded really bad compared to the JL audio that i have heard. (didnt have the heart to tell him) , although he is a cheapskate . With another 250 to 300 added to his budget I think he would have been a lot happier.
Yea, they are not very expensive, I guess I'm just being lazy. Do you have the amp power running all the way back to the batteries, or is there somewhere easier to connect to power? Did you put the amp in the cabin and go through the cabin power switch?
Old 05-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Registered

Scooter B,

Don't know if that was directed to me or not but I'll chime in. My amp is located in the engine compartment next to the battery (but its a marine amp JL MHD 900/5). Had a max total of 3 feet of power/ground cable that I had to run. I ran the remote switch to turn on the amp from the head unit of course, along with the three pair of preamp signal RCAs. Those were routed to the amp down the left side and under the bench seat, across the boat and then back to the amp. If you will pm me your email address, Ill send you some pics of the install.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Registered

I am going to run two amps . I got a hell of a deal on some 2 gage wire, pretty big stuff!!!! so I guess i should not lose any power for the long stretch. I am going to run a distribution block and hope that works out. Have everything i want except the speakers . Just trying to figure out how to do it right the first time. There just arent many options for speaker locations in the cockpit....
Old 05-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Registered

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to keep it simple and go with 2 7.7's in the rear bench and 2 6.5's up front on a 4 channel amp and see how it sounds. I'll snap some photos if I ever can find time to get it finished.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Currently installing 2 Cvx kicker 10's, 2 6x9 kickers under the rear bench, 2 6.5 kicker componets where the fountain lights originally were & I'm running 2 amps 1000 mono for the subs & a 4 channel 500 for the rest... Also installed 2 clarion Mw1 remotes, 1 by the swim deck 1 going around my dash somewhere... Will prolly be adding some kicker 4.5's up under the fairing or on the side of the dash & glove box.

Previous owner installed garbage 8 inch bazooka 2 ways where the fountain logo goes, basically limiting Me to find another 8 inch speaker... Could only find 2 brands focal access & the bazookas again. So I'm currently having a 9 inch circle cut out of 1/8th inch steel, w/ the cutouts for the 6.5 & the tweeter inside the 9 inch circle... Then have powder coated black to match my grab handles & seat frames, hopefully it looks good & will be unique.... If anyone would like pictures when it's finished I'll try & post some up...

Last edited by jmoore1225; 05-11-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
Currently installing 2 Cvx kicker 10's, 2 6x9 kickers under the rear bench, 2 6.5 kicker componets where the fountain lights originally were & I'm running 2 amps 1000 mono for the subs & a 4 channel 500 for the rest... Also installed 2 clarion Mw1 remotes, 1 by the swim deck 1 going around my dash somewhere... Will prolly be adding some kicker 4.5's up under the fairing or on the side of the dash & glove box.

Previous owner installed garbage 8 inch bazooka 2 ways where the fountain logo goes, basically limiting Me to find another 8 inch speaker... Could only find 2 brands focal access & the bazookas again. So I'm currently having a 9 inch circle cut out of 1/8th inch steel, w/ the cutouts for the 6.5 & the tweeter inside the 9 inch circle... Then have powder coated black to match my grab handles & seat frames, hopefully it looks good & will be unique.... If anyone would like pictures when it's finished I'll try & post some up...
I had the ones under the fairing in front.. It seemed like those were all I could hear when cruising at speed.. took them out.. Now I hear the whole system...
Old 05-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
I had the ones under the fairing in front.. It seemed like those were all I could hear when cruising at speed.. took them out.. Now I hear the whole system...
Couldn't you have adjusted them to get a better balance?
Old 05-12-2010, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

jmoore: If you haven't had them done yet I could get some made up for you no problem. I have a metal shop with CNC Plasma and a full powdercoating facility, so we could cut you up something that'd look factory.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:04 AM
Registered

i dont mind but i dont have any pic.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Jp thank you for the offer. My buddies dad owns a machine shop here locally & he is making them for Me, I believe on a Cnc as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.