Photo request >

Photo request

Notices

Photo request

Old 04-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photo request

I am installing dual batteries in my 27 wanted to see the placement/configuration of the factory setup so I can make mine like a factory install.Just a pic of the bilage on the right side will do.(facing the transom)Thanks for the help!
Old 04-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Registered

Here are some pics of my 27 ft. I am not sure if these are in the stock location or not but they work well for my application.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Delta . How fast is your 27 and does it all fit under the sun deck or do you have a scoop?
Old 04-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine was like the above. Closest one I have with the battery. Never thought I would need a pic of that. Other battery mounted same location on opposite side.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Registered

Damn! glad I seen these pics.For some reason I thought the batteries were placed together on the port side, when installed with that option from the factory.Thanks for the info everyone!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 10K4U
Damn! glad I seen these pics.For some reason I thought the batteries were placed together on the port side, when installed with that option from the factory.Thanks for the info everyone!
Mine's like that too.The battery behind the driver is the one I run on all the time.

The port battery by the oil fliter on the other side, i just keep fully charged. I have a 3 way battery switch located under the rear seat for mounted on the engine bay for easy access..

Port battery

I forgot I had this photo is hosted elseware.

Last edited by mcprodesign; 04-07-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=US1 Fountain;3083110]Mine was like the above. Closest one I have with the battery. Never thought I would need a pic of that. Other battery mounted same location on opposite side.[/QUOTE

Thanks. Now I guess I need to get busy polishing......lol

Looks nice
Old 04-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
Delta . How fast is your 27 and does it all fit under the sun deck or do you have a scoop?
I haven’t put a lot of time in to dialing this thing in yet. When I built the motor I changed to a B-Max drive with the -2 Imco shorty on it. I when from 1:5 ratio to a 1:3 (I think that is what it is anyways) so I still have some prop testing to do. I currently have a 24 Brovo on it and it runs right at 80 at its best so far with 5lbs of boost. I am hoping to find 85-90 with the right prop and water and boost. Unfortunately the Delta is where I boat the most and the water up here is very flat and sticky most of the time so 70-75 is always achievable but when I do find some light chop the boat picks up real fast but I never have the space to let her run out the way I would like.

I know that you have yours together for a while with your set up. So far I only have about 20 hours on this new set up. Do you have any set up suggestions from your experience with yours that you would like to share?

To answer the question about fitting under the hatch, no it does not. It is close but close only counts in Horse Shoes..lol I plan on installing an intercooler in the future so this is the route I took.

By the way, the boat is for sale if you know of anyone looking for a real nice Fountain.

Last edited by Deltarat; 04-08-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Registered

About all I got is that Mine runs better w the engine cover open a little,( Strapped down w tiedowns of course). Other than that.. The bottom being strait and dialed would be the best thinng i could do to mine. I got a depthfinder that the previous owner mounted out the bottm that probably doesn't help either.

You got the speedmaster lower unit, so I would say that would be the most impotant thing to focus on on your boat.. The perfect hiedth will do a lot. That and make sure she (the motor)gets plenty of fresh air,
Chad

P.s. Nice long garage..
Old 04-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Registered

The factory used a Rex Marine battery holder. There should be a indent on the stringer were it mounts. I belive the battery size was 27. Single battery was on the port side. 2nd was in the same location on the opposite side.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.