props on a 1999 35 >

props on a 1999 35

Notices

props on a 1999 35

Old 04-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default props on a 1999 35

Any feedback on how these props might perform?

Hydromotive Intimidator P5-X , 28 P

Boat is a '99, single-step 35, 500's warmed up, -2 Bravo Shop lowers.

Currently running labbed 30P Bravos swinging out.

Thanks,
Zack
Old 04-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

I ran 26 Hydros stock and 28 Bravos labbed by Merc on mine, motors were stock. Both sets were about the same, had a handling preference for the Hydros myself. The Bravos cruised better though. Turn them in, not out, the boat will perform and handle better, which is why Fountain turned them in from the factory.

What are you seeing for speed now?
Old 04-11-2010, 08:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
I ran 26 Hydros stock and 28 Bravos labbed by Merc on mine, motors were stock. Both sets were about the same, had a handling preference for the Hydros myself. The Bravos cruised better though. Turn them in, not out, the boat will perform and handle better, which is why Fountain turned them in from the factory.

What are you seeing for speed now?
Apologies... my mistake. They are turning IN.

Speed is 84.3mph GPS, fall/spring, cool, day, me, no fuel. Otherwise, 80-ish.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Registered

razor, We had the same boat/power but with Stellings ext. boxes. Came with Hydro Q4's, ran similar speeds as you are now. The 5 and 6 blades work best when the X is very high...
You may gain some top end since you have -2 shorties, for sure your planing and mid range will jump vs. now.
Carder
Old 04-11-2010, 08:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Carder
razor, We had the same boat/power but with Stellings ext. boxes. Came with Hydro Q4's, ran similar speeds as you are now. The 5 and 6 blades work best when the X is very high...
You may gain some top end since you have -2 shorties, for sure your planing and mid range will jump vs. now.
Carder
Thanks for the info,Carder. Just like everyone else, I would like more top end speed. I knew mid-range/ planning would improve. Didn't know if the performance effects from an extra blade/less pitch would be offset by prop efficiency, therefore, either not hurt top end, or improve it.

Monster thinks I have too much slip. I have a set of 1" drive spacers I am going to try very shortly. If that doesn't pan out, they will be here for sale to someone who can benefit from them.