Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
2001 35' Poker Run >

2001 35' Poker Run

Notices

2001 35' Poker Run

Old 04-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what the X dimension difference is/was between an '01 and an '04 side by side 35 Lightning twin step but my friend's 04 with 525's would run 87-89 with 3 adults and fuel in it everytime we took it out. I think he hit 90 or 92 once or twice. My very late production 2000 twin step 35 with 500 efi's and labbed 30P B1 props (XZ big shaft Bravo 1 drives) hit 86 once while I owned it. It usually ran 84 or a tad higher with normal fuel load and people in summer heat. The Reggie Report on my boat said 87 mph but it doesn't list the X dimension (that line is blank on the test report). I'm not really really sure, but I was told they tweaked the hull a little sometime in late 2000 or early 2001 and they seem to always tweak the X dimension +/- 1/2" from time to time.

Last edited by bob_t; 04-27-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Registered

I looked at that boat a few years back..It came from LOTO and it has a poker run cabin. It has nothing down below excpet some benches and carpet. Not finished very well in my opinion.

If your looking for a 35', I've got mine for sale..very clean, well maintained 2nd owner, fresh water..

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o32963-en.html
Old 04-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Registered

Matthew Smith sent me a bunch of pictures of one several years ago that had only benches and carpet in it. I think it was called "Miss Nette" or something like that written across the transom above the swim platform. Anyways, the serial number either ended in an "R" or there was an extra character in the HIN with an "R", which designated it as a race boat. That particular boat had a race boat layup and basically an unfinished cabin that had rather bad looking benches and carpet installed. I checked and I don't have the pictures anymore. It was for sale in the classifieds in Powerboat magazine for about a year of so. The owner had a tough time selling that boat, if I remember correctly. Not sure if it is the same boat or not but I do know there was one converted race boat out there, so maybe that is what they mean by "poker run" model.

Last edited by bob_t; 04-30-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember that boat being in the Powerboat classifieds forever. Didn't know it had a special cabin...