Legend Marine Repo's >

Legend Marine Repo's

Notices

Legend Marine Repo's

Old 05-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if this attitude runs rampant throughout the industry.
I would take my money elsewhere where my business was appreciated and not considered a bother.
As far as being accurate are you referring to the golden spoon fed type that always have manicured nails or the guy that works hard for his money and know the value of it?????
Big difference there.....and categorizing all in the mix...not nice.
Please don't respond with"both"........
Old 05-07-2010, 10:02 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you think that the industry just woke up one day and decided to think like this? It took years of bad customers to spoil the barrel of apples. Now, dealers have to watch their backs just as much as customers
Old 05-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you guys are taking this whole deal waaaaay too personal. It's business...if the dealers can't make money they won't be in business.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DollaBill
I'm unclear on what the problem is, but I've been at this a long time and I'm pretty sure you're wrong. And it's due to lack of knowledge of how dealerships work. ESPECIALLY in this economic environment.

I taught everyone who worked for me one valuable lesson. The customer is usually wrong in the marine business. It's because they relate the buying/ownership experience to car ownership. Once they can be made to realize they have NO idea what they are talking about the problem can be resolved and the learning experience can begin....
very possibly the reason your not selling boats anymore
Old 05-07-2010, 12:07 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by rhr 163.1
very possibly the reason your not selling boats anymore
No, built up the biz, sold it for a few mill and moved to Ft Laud to party and boat with Steve and Cash Bar. Anything else?
Old 05-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Banned

now thats funny Bro and enjoy your boating
Old 05-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by verbi69
I wonder if this attitude runs rampant throughout the industry.
I would take my money elsewhere where my business was appreciated and not considered a bother.
As far as being accurate are you referring to the golden spoon fed type that always have manicured nails or the guy that works hard for his money and know the value of it?????
Big difference there.....and categorizing all in the mix...not nice.
Please don't respond with"both"........
Ditto Verbi
Old 05-07-2010, 12:24 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Let me try to clarify this....

Of course it's not EVERY customer. Everyone in business here has there percentage of bad customers. Thats a given.

When I say "train" your customers, I'm referring to a) the newbie who forgets he's new or maybe comes out of a 20' something with a stock small block and thru hull exhaust and now thinks he's joe offshore and b) the customer who is always looking to work you over for a few bucks.

Most of my customers became friends and know that I'd do anything to help them with their boating or anything else for that matter. I know I sound a little harsh here but maybe it's just what 15 years in the boat biz does to you. Especially, high end performance and yacht.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

maybe you are a little harsh but buysing and selling for so long could have caused that...don't know you so wont elaborate on it but I am a "newbie" and I found most of the sales people tried to sell me what they had instead of what I wanted... and I always thought that it was salesman that only lied when he was talking......I also found that not many sales people (high performance mostly) wanted to talk or discuss a boat with me at all because I was a newbie which pizzed me off big time, but eventually I found a salesman that I could work with and we are now friends.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:44 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
maybe you are a little harsh but buysing and selling for so long could have caused that...don't know you so wont elaborate on it but I am a "newbie" and I found most of the sales people tried to sell me what they had instead of what I wanted... and I always thought that it was salesman that only lied when he was talking......I also found that not many sales people (high performance mostly) wanted to talk or discuss a boat with me at all because I was a newbie which pizzed me off big time, but eventually I found a salesman that I could work with and we are now friends.
Thats very common. I don't know why, but it is. I enjoy teaching people about the boats and the sport. I would get criticized for spending too much time with people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.