Upholstery updates -- pictures?

Notices

Upholstery updates -- pictures?

Old 08-06-2010, 05:55 PM
10M
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upholstery updates -- pictures?

I will be redoing all the vinyl upholstery in my '88 10 Meter in a few months once the season is over. I want to keep the same layout, but make it more modern by eliminating the pleats. Smooth inside will be nice, but i'm looking for suggestions regarding piping or subtle things that will make it look good. Just started thinking about it, but i'm still up in the air about smooth seams vs. piping, adding a little color, a little shape, etc. Any pics or ideas would be great. The boat is white with a black and grey stripe, and the only thing that really dates it now is the vinyl. I just did the dash panel in platinum, throttles & trim rings are black, gauges are carbon fiber. Thanks ahead of time.

Don't worry I won't steal your interior if you show pics, I want mine to be unique...just looking for ideas to get started.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Take it to the Factory and talk to Brian. They will do a great job and it is not that expensive.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:22 PM
10M
Registered

It's a little far to drive, but it is a possibility. I would prefer to keep it in New England, but I haven't started researching companies yet. Any other suggestions out there? thanks.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

x-t innovations they did a great job on my 35 lightning . look at there website for pics or reserch my post for pics . they are in Bucyrus , ohio . I can't say enuff good things about them. 1-419-569-1984 ask for dave . Tim
Old 08-09-2010, 11:45 AM
10M
Registered

Originally Posted by tim brown
x-t innovations they did a great job on my 35 lightning . look at there website for pics or reserch my post for pics . they are in Bucyrus , ohio . I can't say enuff good things about them. 1-419-569-1984 ask for dave . Tim
Ok thanks I'll check them out. Has anyone redone a 10 or 12 Meter recently? I'd like so see some updated ones if they're out there.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a 12 meter in the classifieds that has updated upholstery. Looks real nice.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:23 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 10M
I will be redoing all the vinyl upholstery in my '88 10 Meter in a few months once the season is over. I want to keep the same layout, but make it more modern by eliminating the pleats. Smooth inside will be nice, but i'm looking for suggestions regarding piping or subtle things that will make it look good. Just started thinking about it, but i'm still up in the air about smooth seams vs. piping, adding a little color, a little shape, etc. Any pics or ideas would be great. The boat is white with a black and grey stripe, and the only thing that really dates it now is the vinyl. I just did the dash panel in platinum, throttles & trim rings are black, gauges are carbon fiber. Thanks ahead of time.

Don't worry I won't steal your interior if you show pics, I want mine to be unique...just looking for ideas to get started.
This is just my opinion, but I like to eliminate the piping in most cases. I think piping is more a thing of the past, and it always wears-out faster than anywhere else.

I would consider more "top stitching" or "french seems" or more color panels. Contact us anytime your ready.

XT
Old 08-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Registered

Here is a link to what I did with mine.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...ally-done.html
Old 08-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Banned

you could probably call the factory. But there probably is some good local upolstery places around that can do the same thing for cheaper.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:11 PM
10M
Registered

XT - I hear ya on the piping, but my boat is older and the seats are pretty basic in shape. The rear bench is literally just a bench with a u-shaped back, so i'm afraid if I don't break it up with something it'll just look like a big white billboard. And color-wise I only really have black and grey to deal with. I really like the look of the clean, all-white interiors but i've only seen it done on boats with more elaborate foam shape and designs. I'll get some pics up soon so youguys can see what i'm dealing with.

Deltarat-- looks good! You have the newer style interior with more shape, so it looks better than mine would done in the same design.

Thanks for the input!