market conditions this fall & winter

Notices

market conditions this fall & winter

Old 09-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LuvMy47Ftn
So what kind of numbers they throwing out on a boat thats left over for 6 years? What kind of power in it?
I dont know the # in it but it has all the Options and trip 525's
Old 09-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 47 prices

So what kind of numbers they throwing out on a boat thats left over for 6 years? What kind of power in it?
I think he told me $277k no trailer and it's has 525 EFI's.

Dealer in Texas had a 2006 with 525 EFI's listed here for $185k I called today and he said it sold for $170k last week it had less than 50 hours on it.

Just saw a 1997 with triple 525 SC's with a starboard engine fire go for $35k on a Myco trailer up in MN.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the one your talking about in Texas a couple weeks ago for $170k on a trailer. We plugged into the center engine and it is showing 29 hours. I haven't checked the other 2 to be sure but was told they would be the same. This thing was about as close to new as it could be without being new.
The problem I see with that 05 is the minute you buy it becomes a used boat. If you plan to keep it for 15-20 years it doesn't really matter but that's a long time. I bought my old 47new in Sept 97 and just went to it's new owner last Thursday and it spent the last 6 years in storage. It came with 500hp's and about every option other than a microwave, which we had the factory add that winter when it was there for a new dash. It seems like I paid around $315k on a Hertiage trailer back then but I may be a little off.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blownincome
I dont know the # in it but it has all the Options and trip 525's
Yeah, all the options including the worst hook ever seen in a hull, judging by the trailer in the pic...?!?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mapism
Yeah, all the options including the worst hook ever seen in a hull, judging by the trailer in the pic...?!?
Guess you haven't been around boat yards much if you have never seen a hydraulic trailer, http://www.hostarmarine.com/ How do you think all those boats get into those boat shows that you go to? or do you just look at the pictures? if you are a fountain owner I would hope you are smarter than that statement !

Last edited by blownincome; 09-22-2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Not pretending to be smart at all!

Originally Posted by blownincome
if you are a fountain owner I would hope you are smarter than that statement !
Call me the most stupid Fountain owner if you wish, but you will never see my own boat lifted with 4' or so of cantilevered hull astern, period.
Which has nothing to see with the trailer being hydraulic or not btw, it's just a matter of using a proper trailer for any given boat size, rather than whatever is handy when lifting the boat.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought the one your talking about in Texas a couple weeks ago for $170k on a trailer. We plugged into the center engine and it is showing 29 hours. I haven't checked the other 2 to be sure but was told they would be the same. This thing was about as close to new as it could be without being new.
The problem I see with that 05 is the minute you buy it becomes a used boat. If you plan to keep it for 15-20 years it doesn't really matter but that's a long time. I bought my old 47new in Sept 97 and just went to it's new owner last Thursday and it spent the last 6 years in storage. It came with 500hp's and about every option other than a microwave, which we had the factory add that winter when it was there for a new dash. It seems like I paid around $315k on a Hertiage trailer back then but I may be a little off.

Nice buy, the boat looks brand new from the pictures too. I have a hard time keeping a boat more than a year! I'm must trying to find the nicest 47 I can that works with my budget. What do you think a loaded 2002 47 with 500 EFI's on a decent trailer with 236 fresh water hours is worth?
Old 09-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mapism
Call me the most stupid Fountain owner if you wish, but you will never see my own boat lifted with 4' or so of cantilevered hull astern, period.
Which has nothing to see with the trailer being hydraulic or not btw, it's just a matter of using a proper trailer for any given boat size, rather than whatever is handy when lifting the boat.
Good thing you did not see it at the Factory That is how they move them around. Also how most every boat dealer moves the boats on site and in and out of the showroom/boat shows. Bunk trailers are for over the road / customer use. or in this case when the boat is sold and the New owner picks a trailer.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie
Nice buy, the boat looks brand new from the pictures too. I have a hard time keeping a boat more than a year! I'm must trying to find the nicest 47 I can that works with my budget. What do you think a loaded 2002 47 with 500 EFI's on a decent trailer with 236 fresh water hours is worth?
I would keep in mind that you will have to do the valve springs on 3 motors pretty quick. That might be a bargaining tool.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie

Just saw a 1997 with triple 525 SC's with a starboard engine fire go for $35k on a Myco trailer up in MN.

Dam! That was what im looking for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.