Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Reggie's Out, Are You? >

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Notices

Reggie's Out, Are You?

Old 12-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

RaggedEdge, I for one will keep my Fountains until time to replace. Right now I am happy with what I have. If Reggie is building new boats I would check them out. Thanks for the plugs.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:06 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Why does anyone think the value of thier Reggie Built boat went up in value? Is the new Company going to honor some kind of warranty that Reggie promised? IMO the market value is unchanged....
Old 12-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by GORT
Why does anyone think the value of thier Reggie Built boat went up in value? Is the new Company going to honor some kind of warranty that Reggie promised? IMO the market value is unchanged....
It's meant as a joke.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I will buy a Forumla after reading Matt Tulio's post in the general forum.

"Another example? In 1996, Formula swapped out its conventional V-bottom hulls for stepped hulls across its sport boat line. The people there, most notably chief executive officer Scott Porter and designer John Adams, didn’t go to all that big-buck design and tooling trouble out of boredom. They did it to compete with Fountain.

Formula had a more luxurious product than Fountain. Formula had a better-built product—and I can just feel the love that will be coming my way from the Fountain faithful—than Fountain. But Formula wanted a faster product, and the people at the company were hearing that their product was, foot for foot with the same power, not as fast as a Fountain. And they believed they needed to step things up, so to speak, to compete."

and then again......maybe not.
I will keep my less luxurious, inferior built, Fountain!!!

Last edited by Beak Boater; 12-15-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we wil have to see whats happens being that those in command do not have the same passion and philosophies as does the king.... as stated above cig did well,, but in this case reggie is still alive and if he does decide to regroup and come to a new term or line my bet is it will surpass where the brand is now. today, not the last 25 years. proof, the fiores. undieing passion will almost always prevail over black and white, politicaly correct stand points in a lucritive,niche, spotty , flucuating industry like the performance boat market.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think the value of the boats will stay the same.i also think that the new owners are not going to let the fountain lengend and history slip away from them by building cheap/crappy boats and cuttin cornors,if their smart.maybe reggie will get bach into racing or do some kind of consualing,after all,racing is really his thing
Old 12-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spying here for a long time while deployed and nothing else to read……. Fresh owner of a 98 35 Lightning from this past summer after returning home. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT (after a Scarab 22 w/502), considered the 32 for two years until ready these forums. I am so glad that I went with the 35, which of course less than a year looking…..to a 38 within the next two or so years!!! I would not pass up the 35 for anything, knowing what I know now. Happy Hunting!!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 11:45 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess that mine is more of a legend now, and will still run the same #'s that it did in 1989. LOL
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 12-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Interesting comments

Very interesting comments.

www.teamshogren.com
Old 12-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

I'd be less concerned about Reggie leaving and more concerned about Donzi and Fountain being built by the same company. To many boats in a similar market.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.