Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
32 fever step hull trailer options? >

32 fever step hull trailer options?

Notices

32 fever step hull trailer options?

Old 02-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have someone looking at my 1997 32 Fever that I have for sale. It has a sweet Myco trailer under it that was built for the stepped hull. The guy said he really wouldnt need the trailer for where he is going to keep the boat. I will send you an email. Maybe something could be worked out if he bought the boat.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Manning gave me a quote for $7500, that was a dual axel, alm, electric over hydraulic brakes. Here is the trailer drawing for stepped hull 32’s
Loadmaster built a trailer for my 32' 1996 Fountain using information they got from Fountain. I towed the trailer home from the factory and we put my hull on a travel lift to place it on the trailer only to discover everthing was wrong. I'm guessing they used the wrong set of dimensions on that drawing.
The good thing was I had a bolted traler made so we reset everything to the hull. Cannot imagine the mess if it had been a welded trailer.

also
There are two different Loadmaster trailer companies. One in Florida and the other in Ohio. I used the Ohio company which is called Loadmaster Ltd.
ed

Last edited by Interceptor; 02-16-2011 at 09:19 AM. Reason: added info.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Loadmaster built a trailer for my 32' 1996 Fountain using information they got from Fountain. I towed the trailer home from the factory and we put my hull on a travel lift to place it on the trailer only to discover everthing was wrong. I'm guessing they used the wrong set of dimensions on that drawing.
The good thing was I had a bolted traler made so we reset everything to the hull. Cannot imagine the mess if it had been a welded trailer.

also
There are two different Loadmaster trailer companies. One in Florida and the other in Ohio. I used the Ohio company which is called Loadmaster Ltd.
ed
If you look there are two different drawings, was it because they used the wrong one or were both wrong? That would be good to know.

I don't know if I like the idea of a bolted trailer, what has everyones experience been, do you have to check the bolts every so often?

Does anyone use them for long distance towing (300+ miles)?
Old 02-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Registered

If you look there are two different drawings, was it because they used the wrong one or were both wrong? That would be good to know.

I don't know if I like the idea of a bolted trailer, what has everyones experience been, do you have to check the bolts every so often?

I'm not sure what they did wrong but guess they were provided one set of dimensions to use from Fountain. I noticed that drawing date and it was very close to the time my trailer was built. I never asked Fountain what they provided Loadmaster.
A bolted trailer does not look as nice as a welded one. I usually go around twice a year and check/tighten all the fasteners. Never had a failure since 1998 and have done some 200 mile tows. If I were to do it now I'd get a welded trailer but didn't have the money then.
ed
Old 02-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like the top photo is for the '95 - '97's (I think those are the yrs) that have the short step, with the 2nd drawing for the '98's and newer with the larger step.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I think the bigger problem with some of the bolted trailers is they use cheap components to keep the price down. I bought one and the sixth time I used it, it went in the ramp with 6 wheels and came out with 5. The weld on the spindle didn't penetrate, so it came off of the axle. The fenders were flimsy as well. You get what you pay for.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Balloon78, I emailed you a pic of the trailer. I purchased straight from loadmaster. Brakes on all three axles. I had a loadmaster for thirteen years with no problems or maintenance other than greasing! Hence, I purchased another one. Be sure they do not mount the winch under the beak. When the rear of the boat floats the bow rotates down, and can hit the winch. Boat and trailer made 900 mile trip home problem free.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:18 AM
Registered

" Be sure they do not mount the winch under the beak. When the rear of the boat floats the bow rotates down, and can hit the winch. "

That is correct !