Dash Refurbish Help >

Dash Refurbish Help

Notices

Dash Refurbish Help

Old 03-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
The bites man, does he have everything or just the panel? Sorry, my turn around would have been quicker but yea, I can't do the engraving so you would have had to send it to Livorsi for that.

Live and learn ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thunderstruck,

Yea I do all kind of stuff, nothing real large but what I can fit in.

Here are just a few examples, still need to get my facebook page up with more.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5407134...0343/lightbox/
Yep. He has my throttles, main dash panel, and side panel. Sucks. I got all new autometer platinums sitting here too!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Yep. He has my throttles, main dash panel, and side panel. Sucks. I got all new autometer platinums sitting here too!
What color is your dash? My gauges are platnium on platnium w/ a SS bezel and I'm stripping and buffing the controls. I got all the switches and lights mounted to the new dash last night...what a birds nest. Anyway, I tested the red lights and they all worked and look like new so I reinstalled them too. Thanks for the offer though. I'll solder the wires back together tonight...I hate soldering! Here's hoping you get your dash and controls back soon...I'd like to see some pics when you do. ts27
Old 03-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Registered

Fountain has the SoLiCo lights and tab/trim indicator pointers. I just painted my pointers with fusion red plastic paint. Had my controls chromed. If you have the controls with fountain cast into the handles, they are built by Livorsi. Livorsi was great getting me plastic inserts, rubber boots, etc. Are really thought about stripping down to bronze and clear coating. Is that what you are doing?

Last edited by pitts1313; 03-09-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 27' Fountain also and i just ordered all new Lavorsi gauges from Elite marine. I have never replaced gauges so i was wondering if i am going to have to solder every wire? Im pretty sure i am going to have to but i figured i would ask to make sure.

I was thinking about soldering each wire and then heat shrinking them. Is that the best way of doing it?

Any input would be great.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 1,327 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain Family
I have a 27' Fountain also and i just ordered all new Lavorsi gauges from Elite marine. I have never replaced gauges so i was wondering if i am going to have to solder every wire? Im pretty sure i am going to have to but i figured i would ask to make sure.

I was thinking about soldering each wire and then heat shrinking them. Is that the best way of doing it?

Any input would be great.
You shouldn't have to solder the gauges, just the mini lights maybe.

Yes heat shrink should be used, I like the sealing type so that you get a water and vapor proof seal.

this type of heat shrink.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/search/p...iZjubwqh&Nty=0

These if you need new connectors.
http://www.fastenal.com/web/search/p...N-gj52yx&Nty=0

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 03-09-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You shouldn't have to solder the gauges, just the mini lights maybe.

Yes heat shrink should be used, I like the sealing type so that you get a water and vapor proof seal.

this type of heat shrink.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/search/p...iZjubwqh&Nty=0

These if you need new connectors.
http://www.fastenal.com/web/search/p...N-gj52yx&Nty=0
The reason i said i had to solder them is because the gauges i am getting have the plug in connectors. The gauges i have now are the older styler with the round connectors that you hold in place with a screw.

I figured i would have to solder the old wires to the new plg in connectors then plug them into the now gauges.

Does that make since or am i confusing you?

http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/dc_gallery.htm Go here and scroll to the bottom and you will see the plug in connectors
Old 03-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 1,327 Likes on 740 Posts

LOL

No I am not confused on this but most of the time I am!

Well, at least when you get done it will be a better set up, I just had my old gauges redone so there are a ton of ring connectors that can go bad.

Let us see it when you finish.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fountain Family
The reason i said i had to solder them is because the gauges i am getting have the plug in connectors. The gauges i have now are the older styler with the round connectors that you hold in place with a screw.

I figured i would have to solder the old wires to the new plg in connectors then plug them into the now gauges.

Does that make since or am i confusing you?

http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/dc_gallery.htm Go here and scroll to the bottom and you will see the plug in connectors
The livorsi's I bought from Teague were of the previous edition and still had the screw terminals. It seems to me that livorsi would have designed a connector to go on the end of your wire (after cutting the old connector) to make an easy transition from old to new. Might be worth checking with livorsi to see if that's the case. Otherwise, like Wildman said, you shouldn't have to do any cut and solder if all your replacing is the gauges. Good luck and let us know if livorsi has a ready made connector. ts27
Old 03-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Registered

Default pitts1313

Originally Posted by pitts1313
Fountain has the SoLiCo lights and tab/trim indicator pointers. I just painted my pointers with fusion red plastic paint. Had my controls chromed. If you have the controls with fountain cast into the handles, they are built by Livorsi. Livorsi was great getting me plastic inserts, rubber boots, etc. Are really thought about stripping down to bronze and clear coating. Is that what you are doing?
pitts...thanks for the source on the pointers (should have been obvious but for some reason I never consider Fountain as a source for my old fever) I missed your question earlier...my controls are made by kirkenhaufer(sp.) and look to be SS under the paint. I'm just sanding and buffing to a brushed SS look. If the "look" doesn't hold over time I will either have them powder coated or get me some new ones during the next off-season. Hope this answers your question...ts27
Old 03-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL

No I am not confused on this but most of the time I am!

Well, at least when you get done it will be a better set up, I just had my old gauges redone so there are a ton of ring connectors that can go bad.

Let us see it when you finish.

Livorsi will not refurbish old gauges anymore. That is what they told me today. So it is new or nothing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.