Dash Refurbish Help >

Dash Refurbish Help

Notices

Dash Refurbish Help

Old 03-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by dewayne6243
Livorsi will not refurbish old gauges anymore. That is what they told me today. So it is new or nothing.

To bad it was a h*ll of a deal.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
The bites man, does he have everything or just the panel? Sorry, my turn around would have been quicker but yea, I can't do the engraving so you would have had to send it to Livorsi for that.

Live and learn ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thunderstruck,

Yea I do all kind of stuff, nothing real large but what I can fit in.

Here are just a few examples, still need to get my facebook page up with more.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5407134...0343/lightbox/

Cool pics and paint WILDMAN
Old 03-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
To bad it was a h*ll of a deal.

It is only $12 cheaper than a new gauge is what they told me. New gauge has built in led lights.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a few red lights go out on me on my side panel. When I replace them the lights came with cable tails and I just used heat shrink butt connectors to go from wire to wire, but you guys were talking about soldering??? Does anyone have a Fountain with soldering under the dash? Because my 1997 47' does not.......should I have used solder?
Old 03-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by leonard
I had a few red lights go out on me on my side panel. When I replace them the lights came with cable tails and I just used heat shrink butt connectors to go from wire to wire, but you guys were talking about soldering??? Does anyone have a Fountain with soldering under the dash? Because my 1997 47' does not.......should I have used solder?
My indicator lights weren't originally soldered, but I think after cutting the wires the solder makes for a more permanent, maintenance free connection. I actually just connected all the wires to a single heavier wire and connected it to the ground going to the fuse block cause the ground stud on my new gauge was too short for the connector. How about posting a pic of your dash with the new lights? I'd like to see them.

Last edited by Thunderstruck27; 03-17-2011 at 10:10 AM. Reason: added text
Old 03-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

OK give me a little time most of my photos of my boat are to big for the offshore uploader so I got to resize them.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
Cool pics and paint WILDMAN
Thanks
Old 03-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Registered

Default New Senders wiring problem

Okay...I got new senders to go with the new gauges and got a surprise when I went to install the senders. I expected to see the same color-code at the engine that is on the gauge end but found some differences. The oil pressure is obvious and I'm pretty sure the oil temp sender is the one on the remote oil-filter. I've got the mech. water pressure so it's obvious too. The problem is the water temp on the engine...I've got 2 senders on the front of my intake manifold. The front starboard sender has a light brown wire and there is one on the front port side with a brown/blue strip. Which one goes to the water temp gauge and what is the other's function? I don't have a wiring diagram so I need some help here...please and thanks. ts27
Old 03-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck27
Okay...I got new senders to go with the new gauges and got a surprise when I went to install the senders. I expected to see the same color-code at the engine that is on the gauge end but found some differences. The oil pressure is obvious and I'm pretty sure the oil temp sender is the one on the remote oil-filter. I've got the mech. water pressure so it's obvious too. The problem is the water temp on the engine...I've got 2 senders on the front of my intake manifold. The front starboard sender has a light brown wire and there is one on the front port side with a brown/blue strip. Which one goes to the water temp gauge and what is the other's function? I don't have a wiring diagram so I need some help here...please and thanks. ts27
If you went with Livorsi gauges give fred a call and he'll walk ya thru it ,just went thru the same thing with a dozen gauges
good luck
Old 03-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
If you went with Livorsi gauges give fred a call and he'll walk ya thru it ,just went thru the same thing with a dozen gauges
good luck
Okay...thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.