Full Covers??? >

Full Covers???

Notices

Full Covers???

Old 03-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Full Covers???

Unfortunately, I keep my boat outside most of the time. I have the factory bow and cockpit covers, but I find them a little useless at covering the "other" parts of the boat. Has anyone purchased an aftermarket FULL cover for our boats? Any input on any brands? Also... when running a full cover, do you keep the cockpit cover in place and then cover that? I've always been told not to double bag LOL
Old 03-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.discountboatcover.com/Pro...P&Redirected=Y

just picked this up for 350 shipped minus 5% off its in the mail. My boat is older so its semi custom, they can make yours probably custom for a few bucks more. I would use a full cover and yes double bag it. Thing with covers is for one they fit somewhat good and are waterproof. I dont want mine to look like ****e and want to be quality but dont see the need to spend a boat load on one either, dont matter how good the material or who made it if the boats sits outside all the time the cover will wear out
Old 03-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Registered

Had a semi-custom one from these guys back in 2005. Cost was about 450. for 42'. Lightweight/Waterproof and I did leave the factory cockpit cover on also with no issues.

http://www.carvercovers.com/online_a...9&modelID=5653

Old 03-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That blue cover looks like it will fit my 47. I'm having a hard time finding a cover for a 47 Lightning, Everyone tells me to get the pattern for Fountain and they could make it. But I have not had good luck with buying parts for Fountain (no call backs or return e-mails) Where did that blue one come from?
Old 03-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Registered

I posted the link in my post. Just ck'd for you and don't see 47' available at the on-line purchase list. Maybe call them and see if they can make one.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by leonard
That blue cover looks like it will fit my 47. I'm having a hard time finding a cover for a 47 Lightning, Everyone tells me to get the pattern for Fountain and they could make it. But I have not had good luck with buying parts for Fountain (no call backs or return e-mails) Where did that blue one come from?
Everytime Ive called or emailed fountain theyve been horrible. Lucky I like their boats. But the cover I listed about is a Carver Cover as well. So its the supreme fabric with 5 year warranty
Old 03-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Registered

I had a custom mooring cover made for my 27'. No snaps at all, just a line all the way around the cover, under the rub rail, cinch it up in the back with a ratcheting hook. Had it since 2003, works great. I even leave it on in the water, and tow with it if needed.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Registered

I have a full cover for a 35' lighting available, covers above the rub rail.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Go all the way down the sides. If you are going to protect the top, protect the sides.
I never used the cockpit cover with my full cover. I do have pillow cases that I made shorter that slip over the headrests and a comforter that covers the engine hatch so the coarser cover material doesn't rub on the interior.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 137 Likes on 82 Posts

the covers from fountain actually are not expensive. at least they use to be priced right its been about 7 years since i checked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.