27 Fever Fuel Gauge Reading Issues >

27 Fever Fuel Gauge Reading Issues

Notices

27 Fever Fuel Gauge Reading Issues

Old 03-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
fountain told me the tank on the 32 was 130 gallons?
Hmmm. How many gallons you ever put in? You think US1 would know for sure? I have a hand fuel pump attached to the hoses after the shutoff valves in the bottom of the bilge. Tomorrow, I'm going to just stick a hose in the fuel fill and see if I can get more out.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

I have added at least 85 but never let it get empty.

Maybe Jerry has ran his dry before.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pitts1313
How did you drain your tank? I undid the cut off valve in the engine compartment. I can only get 90 of the supposedly 118 gallons advertised out. I know the tank was full.
i put a jack under the traylor and got the boat on a incline and kept rasing and lowering the boat till i got it all out.it was a pain in the azz and took awile.i did this because the guy i bought the boat from swore up/and down that it had a 75-80 gal tank.he was wrong.i may be 1-2gal off,but thats it.i have run out of gas too many times to know diffrent.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JRPInd
thx! I'm not burning 60 gal a day! Is that what the the capacity is on a 27 Fever? I've been topping it off everday im out on the water to play it safe. I just wish it was more accurate!
I think it's around 60 gallons.. Do you know how much that weighs?
Mine has 2 aluminum side tanks installed in the engine bay. I run the front one dry and the boats goes a lot faster and feels lighter. What I am saying is.. A full forward tank in a 27 takes a lot of performance out of your boat.

Edit; Carry a 5 gallon can of fuel w you. then when it runs out of fuel.. Then you will know for sure. (Don't run it out of fuel at wide open throttle though). i think it is 58-62 gals. on the 27's

Last edited by mcprodesign; 03-30-2011 at 04:50 PM.