bathroom filter on a 47?

Notices

bathroom filter on a 47?

Old 04-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Default bathroom filter on a 47?

Where is the bathroom (vacuflush toliet) vent filter on a 47, smells like mine needs changed. I've looked around some and can't find it
Old 04-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eddie
Where is the bathroom (vacuflush toliet) vent filter on a 47, smells like mine needs changed. I've looked around some and can't find it
Quit pooping in there.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Light a candle...
Old 04-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 1997 47' and I didn't even know there was one but if you find it let me know.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:25 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Filter????????????????
Old 04-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I've replaced them before on other boats, I called Raymonds service dept today and the tech was like, have it pumped out and add some chemicals.

They are around $100 bucks so I'll try that.

Here's the info on them:

Dometic holding tank vent filter stops odors from escaping through holding tank vents. Contains odor-removing filter materials to keep your boat smelling clean and pleasant. Each filter is good for an entire season, and is easily replaced for a fresh start.

Includes mounting brackets and hose adapters. Available with 5/8 inch (16mm), 3/4 inch (19mm), 1 inch (25mm), and 1-1/2 inch (38mm) hose fittings.
Attached Images  
Old 04-19-2011, 09:09 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can replace the filter but if the head is used on a regular basis after cpl years a layer of waste will build on the bottom of the tank and won't be removed during pump out. The tank needs to be professionally cleaned or replaced to get rid of the smell
Old 04-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

a proper vented holding tank won't need a filter. A good supply of air will allow non odor bacteria to be present in the tank. Poorly designed vent systems, too small, verticle, non straight hose runs allow for a odor emitting bacteria to be present. Both types of bacterial can not be present at same time.
Just a tid bit I learned recently from a previous owner of Raitan marine systems and author. I didn't make that chit up.

Also if not pumped out often or flushed well when doing so, the tank and hoses can and do absorb the odors. Only fix then is replacement. Neither items are life long. Filters do work, but are a bandaid more than a cure. That said, I installed a filter and it eleminated the odors.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 04-19-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you choose to just replace the filter, there is a kit that is sold on e-bay for $20.00. Basically, you cut the filter in half and empty out the carbon. Next, glue 1-1/2" threaded male and female pvc fitting on each half of the filter. There are 3/4" foam pieces on each end of the filter that hold the carbon in place. You will need to create one more 3/4" foam piece to hold the carb in. Replace the carbon (get active carbon from the aquarium store) and screw the two pieces together. Then you can periodically replace the filter from time to time at little or no cost.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 38fountainecman
If you choose to just replace the filter, there is a kit that is sold on e-bay for $20.00. Basically, you cut the filter in half and empty out the carbon. Next, glue 1-1/2" threaded male and female pvc fitting on each half of the filter. There are 3/4" foam pieces on each end of the filter that hold the carbon in place. You will need to create one more 3/4" foam piece to hold the carb in. Replace the carbon (get active carbon from the aquarium store) and screw the two pieces together. Then you can periodically replace the filter from time to time at little or no cost.

I've got a buddy that cut his in half and used duct tape to put it back together. Said to get the carbon from pet store too. Problem is I can't find the filter to replace it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.