Drive set up on a 10 meter fountain?Went from 3's to bravo's

Notices

Drive set up on a 10 meter fountain?Went from 3's to bravo's

Old 04-29-2011, 07:50 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Drive set up on a 10 meter fountain?Went from 3's to bravo's

After redoing the transom and running the boat all summer I decided to convert it over to a bravo set up.I was wonder what to set the Xdimension at? I would want to go aggressive and wounldn't mind running a 5 or 6 blade. I was thinking between 19-20.5 any thoughts??????
Old 04-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Why would you want to convert from threes to Bravos? The Speedmaster drive is nearly bullet proof. I think a conversion involves moving the engines or adding stand off boxes and drive shafts. A lot of work in any case. I had a 10 meter with threes that ran over 90 mph. If anything I would think about Number four or Fives to raise the x dimension. The Three drive tend to be deep in the water.

Last edited by Brad Zastrow; 04-29-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I know what is involved I did it before. The problem is that you can't get parts for it. If i had big power maybe i would keep it but with small power and on the resale side i'm better off with bravo's. I had my three mounted real high. here is a pic. Just want to up dated the boat now.
Attached Thumbnails Drive set up on a 10 meter fountain?Went from 3's to bravo's-fountain5.jpg   Drive set up on a 10 meter fountain?Went from 3's to bravo's-fountain33.jpg  
Old 04-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought there was an aftermarket company that makes 3,4,and 5 gears and shafts to Merc specs.