Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
29ft Fever windshield problem. Help!! >

29ft Fever windshield problem. Help!!

Notices

29ft Fever windshield problem. Help!!

Old 05-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 29ft Fever windshield problem. Help!!

I just bought a 2006 29ft fountain fever and the paint on the window frame is chipping away. It looks like the previous owner tried to solve the problem by spray paining over the chipped paint which actually mades it look even worse. To make matters worse the two front pieces of glass are all scratched up. I'd like to at least somehow sand and repaint the window frame and possibly replace the two front windows but I'm not quite sure how big or how expensive for a project this might be. Any suggestions?
Old 05-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Registered

very surprised there is not more help on this issue, there's a number of members all looking for help/advise on this

same here with 97 32' fever, windshield looks like garbage needs replacing with newer version
Old 05-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a plexiglas windshield and I am going to have it covered with white vinyl with the fountain script. I have seen this done and it looks good, kind of like a faring. As far as the metal frame windshield any good powdecoater or pAinter should be able to fix it up.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

If you have a glass window you could have them tinted to cover up the scratches.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 430 Likes on 207 Posts

I have this problem on my 35 and I'm pretty sure it happens to all of them at some point. I just sand and touch up with paint as I find spots the bubble/blister. I use white appliance enamel spray paint that works/looks pretty good as a patch job. But I am just covering corrosion so not a long term fix.

The problem as it was explained to me as that Fountain didn't properly store the aluminum frames before they were painted so the corrosion was already in the metal. They just painted over the already corroding metal.

When it gets bad enough, I will probably look at a whole windshield replacement. I had a gorgeous stainless steel framed Taylor made on my previous Cobalt. I love it so much I would probably see if Taylor could recreate it for my 35's shorty style frame.

Big bucks I would imagine!
Old 05-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Registered

links to TAYLOR?

there's one showing on EBAY white framed but not sure it it will work on our 97 32' fever

looks like white solid vynl is the answer for ours, with painted cornes.. fountain logo across front... leave 3-4" of very front windshield in smoked plexi as that last hooked wind deflection lip of winshield is all you look through anyway..

hoping that werx for us
Old 05-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 430 Likes on 207 Posts

Taylor's Web Site

http://www.taylormarine.com/windshields/index.html
Old 05-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by techman
Can these guys can make a windshield fame that looks exactly like a stock one? Anyone know how hard it is to take the factory windshield assembly off?
Old 05-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by 2KOOLPerformance
links to TAYLOR?

there's one showing on EBAY white framed but not sure it it will work on our 97 32' fever

looks like white solid vynl is the answer for ours, with painted cornes.. fountain logo across front... leave 3-4" of very front windshield in smoked plexi as that last hooked wind deflection lip of winshield is all you look through anyway..

hoping that werx for us
I have not heard of anyone putting a new frame style on the older type windshield, if it can be done that would change the looks of a 32
Old 05-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Registered

we'll probably just vynle the entire windshield like a # of owners have.. vynl'd or painted, once the sides check they look brutal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.