Interior Fountain skins vs. locally done

Notices

Interior Fountain skins vs. locally done

Old 06-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Fountain skins vs. locally done

I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on buying factory skins to redo the cockpit interior vs. getting a good local shop to do the work.

1)Can the quality be the same?
2)Has anyone found a local shop good enough to re create the stitching "29" with the fountain logo on the back of the bolster's?
3)Anyone bought skins for a 29 that can tell me roughly what cost was?

Basically if I am going to spend the money to get this done I wanna do it right but also be the best deal for the quality of material and work. I live in Tulsa, OK and would also like to hear any shops you might recommend in this area, grand lake area, or Okc. I don't know that there are many fountain guys from Oklahoma around here but any info would be great.

Thanks in advance guys,

Nick
Old 06-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Registered

I think it just depends on how much of the fountain embroidering you want done. If you want it to be like factory then got factory but if you don't care if it has the fountain logo on the hatch, then go to a local shop.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 1,321 Likes on 738 Posts

Around here if you want any of the factory logo stuff on it all you have to do is supply the vector file.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well my hatch doesn't have any stitching it should be fairly easy to replicate, the back of the bolsters I would like to look same tho. Wildman where can I get that?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey Nick -
I would suggest going down and visiting Jody at Moss Seat covers on Brookside. They do great work. They have done a couple of Taylors for me, LV's Outerlimits and another friend of mines Sleek plus they are good people.
I plan on getting with her to do my 35 before LOTO this year.
Blaine
Old 06-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Around here if you want any of the factory logo stuff on it all you have to do is supply the vector file.
Wildman here is pic showing back of bolsters, it has the 29 in the founain logo and the name Fountain below it.....
Attached Thumbnails Interior Fountain skins vs. locally done-upholstrypic.jpg  
Old 06-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nick9671
Wildman here is pic showing back of bolsters, it has the 29 in the founain logo and the name Fountain below it.....
Got it, I should be able to do this tonight....
Old 06-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
my 29 doesnt have fountain logos on them and i Know boats in the 90s were kind of hit and miss on this. I would want mine to look factory but not paying fountains prices. Chances are you can get it done cheaper and better locally. Think of it this way. If you buy from fountain they are going to cut the skins to your boat dimensions WHEN IT WAS new. Inevitably your seat cushions have probably shrunk, gotten bigger, etc. over the years. So having somebody do it custom would probably be better.
yea good point on the skins, I think I will stick with a local shop then. From what I understand fountain skins are really pricey anyways.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Registered

Doesn't hurt to ask,,,,,,, both local and fountain.

Why not have all the info?
Old 06-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
Id check both, but vinyl is vinyl and as long as they copy the ones you got on, why pay the fountain premium when they probably arent even made by fountain. Plus if you buy locally and something breaks a week after u bought them chances are they will fix it locally.
I agree with Fountain4402 with one exception..."vinyl is vinyl" is not necessarily true. I'm not an upholster, but I've seen a lot jobs done locally and it makes a big difference on which vinyl you choose for the job. New skins done with lesser quality vinyl may have to be redone in 2 or 3 seasons. All I'm saying is...if you get a local quote...make sure their quote includes a heavier "quality" vinyl. just 2 cents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.