Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
2000 Fountain Fever 27 - 502 Mag - Factory Prop Spec? >

2000 Fountain Fever 27 - 502 Mag - Factory Prop Spec?

Notices

2000 Fountain Fever 27 - 502 Mag - Factory Prop Spec?

Old 07-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call BBlades ... my guess is you need to spin a 24 that will back you out of the limiter and put you back were the power is. Maybe try a hydromotive its a true 24 vs the bravo. 4 people and a full tank you should be breaking 66-67mph. Light loaded and 2 people should get you more towards the 70 mark in that boat.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I'd heard that the Hydromotive may not be the best for getting on plane. ....that a Bravo I 24p would be the better choice.

I have no idea - I just know that this 22p Bravo I is NOT the right prop - slow getting on plane and slow top end.

Thoughts about Hydro vs Bravo (anyone) ???

Thanks.

Originally Posted by flying J
Call BBlades ... my guess is you need to spin a 24 that will back you out of the limiter and put you back were the power is. Maybe try a hydromotive its a true 24 vs the bravo. 4 people and a full tank you should be breaking 66-67mph. Light loaded and 2 people should get you more towards the 70 mark in that boat.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

27s are slow to plane i had a 1992 27 with a carb.502 ran 5100 rpms 62 mph for ten years and tryed a lot or different props always came back to bravo 22. but always ran heavy with alot gas and gear in the boat. new owner is happy with a 24.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:49 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by easyrider1340
I'd heard that the Hydromotive may not be the best for getting on plane. ....that a Bravo I 24p would be the better choice.

I have no idea - I just know that this 22p Bravo I is NOT the right prop - slow getting on plane and slow top end.

Thoughts about Hydro vs Bravo (anyone) ???

Thanks.
Call Tom @ Hydromotive he will set you up most of the Fountains back then ran Hydro's before the Merc./Fountain deal....
Old 10-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Update on my prop issue. I found a Bravo I RH 24p used for a reasonable price. Boat now does 66mph consistently with a full tank and 2 people on board. I'm much happier with the performance!

Unfortunately, I'm still have a tach issue bouncing around above 4k. Sounds very similar to the this issue (http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/d...highlight=tach). I haven't found the pattern yet, but it is very intermittent. From my memory, it seems to work fine during the first few runs to our party spots - then later starts acting up. So I'm not sure if I have a loose connection or a breakdown after hot soak.

Terry

Originally Posted by easyrider1340
WOT - Full fuel tank, 2 men, 2 small women, relatively light river current - 63 mph, but the tach was bouncing to 5300 rpm or so - which is a higher than redline (my understanding is 5150 rpm is redline). So seems like I'm "strung out" so to speak.

Thoughts?
Old 10-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your drive is right hand?
I thought all 27 fevers came with counter-rotating lower?
Mine did and so did my 271 fastech, something about adverse handling characteristics on this length boat at top speed.
-J
Old 10-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by high&Dry
Your drive is right hand?
I thought all 27 fevers came with counter-rotating lower?
Mine did and so did my 271 fastech, something about adverse handling characteristics on this length boat at top speed.
-J
I was gonna say the same thing. I know Bob at Eliminator Boats said he had sold a lot of LH Mirage Plus 23P (I could be wrong on the pitch by 1) props to 27' Fever guys. Supposedly better handling and holeshots.