Sent 05 Ex to RF Powerboats >

Sent 05 Ex to RF Powerboats

Notices

Sent 05 Ex to RF Powerboats

Old 07-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
Sounds great! Did the previous owner have your boat in TX?
No...we are the original owners. We bought it from Ducky's out of Pennsylvania in 05...Not sure if they are still around.

Our graphics are pretty common...there was one identical to ours on our lake in Southern MO (Table Rock Lake) for a few years. Imagine my surprise when i saw a "twin" of our boat going down the lake only a few months after we took delivery of ours...lol.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 575cat
Excellent , keep up the info on your project , up here the summer is going by so quick , and still waiting for stuff and final tuning . good luck and keep this thread going . hard to find comparable boats, power,drives ect please give somore details on the engines .
Thanks! Engines were originally 525's with Whipple 3 liter blowers on them. After 2 years of fighting engine coolant spewing issues (and about 12 other problems)...we finally removed the closed cooling and went with open cooling. Last year we had a pretty bad meltdown on the Stbd motor and decided to go with dart 540s. Tyler is putting together the second engine now...we kept the stock 525 heads..had them ported and polished..and they flow as much as they can....the increase in cam spec is maxing them out. Next step would be to get a set of Dart Heads to help it breath a lil better. Im not sure of the new cam specs.....Maybe Tyler can chime in on the detials of the new motors.

Glad to see interest in this post...I will keep everyone up to speed as the build nears completion. We are hoping to be testing in the next couple weeks. Tyler is shipping motors to RF and will be on hand to do install and tuning.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Registered

Pair A Dice 2001 42 Lightning did 117-118 with Merc 900SCs. With your updated bottom and extra ponies, I'll guess over 120, maybe even 125. Keep us posted. tnks
Old 07-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

It should run 120 mph, the biggest limitation or loss of speed is the drives. The scx lowers rob quite a bit of speed. I'm gonna rework them and they should be ok.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Why not arnesons?
Old 07-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

The customer already has the imco scx drives. Changing to a merc 6 drive or arneson would be very expensive.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Registered

thats why I was holding back on the scx lowers, kind of uncharted waters , did not want to so called reinvent the wheel untill there is more scx lowers on this type of boat .
Old 07-19-2011, 04:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

This is why I read forums, great info... Keep us up on the Progress...
Pete
Old 07-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Throttle Fever
This is why I read forums, great info... Keep us up on the Progress...
Pete
Thanks Pete...I rarely post on forums cuz they typically turn into a cock measuring contest where self professed experts want to tell you how to rig/run your boat, car, motorcycle, truck, wagon, space shuttle, weed eater, or food processor.

I figured there wouldn't be much of that on this thread since Reggie himself is rigging the boat along with Lil Reggie and Wyatt. I have been pushing throttles on Fountains for over 15yrs..but I am in no way an expert. My brother and I own this boat together and have made NUMEROUS mistakes and several bad decisions along the way...if anyone can get it right....Its gonna be the RF gang.

I appreciate the positive input from all you guys. My brother and I are stoked about going down to meet Reggie and his sons in a couple weeks...Ill keep everyone posted.

PS..Tyler is supposed to chime in tonight on engine specs...stay tuned!

Regards,

Eric
Old 07-19-2011, 05:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TRL505
Thanks Pete...I rarely post on forums cuz they typically turn into a cock measuring contest where self professed experts want to tell you how to rig/run your boat, car, motorcycle, truck, wagon, space shuttle, weed eater, or food processor.

I figured there wouldn't be much of that on this thread since Reggie himself is rigging the boat along with Lil Reggie and Wyatt. I have been pushing throttles on Fountains for over 15yrs..but I am in no way an expert. My brother and I own this boat together and have made NUMEROUS mistakes and several bad decisions along the way...if anyone can get it right....Its gonna be the RF gang.

I appreciate the positive input from all you guys. My brother and I are stoked about going down to meet Reggie and his sons in a couple weeks...Ill keep everyone posted.

PS..Tyler is supposed to chime in tonight on engine specs...stay tuned!

Regards,

Eric

Thanks Eric,
Well everyone can say what they want, but you are in a rare position. I am also a die hard Fountain fan. Wish I had the opportunity (and funds) to be doing what you are. Let alone the chance to meet the King...( not to forget Tyler too..)
Keep us posted.
Pete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.