Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
any one have these issues with 42 triple??? >

any one have these issues with 42 triple???

Notices

any one have these issues with 42 triple???

Old 08-08-2011, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any one have these issues with 42 triple???

1996 42 triple 525sc with water pickups mounted to the boat
center engine will overheat above 3700 rpm and the exhaust is too hot to touch, but has the same amount of water exiting as the other engines.
-changed impeller
-removed debris from oil cooler
-checked strainers
-checked fresh water flush to see it is not inducing air in the system
-checked for restrictions and loose clamps in cooling system
- removed T stat fro a test, this slowed the over heating.
-contemplating on doing the circ pump on front of the engine or doing a crossover with stat housing.

Do hydromotive q4 props lift the transom too high getting the pickups out of the water stream???
Old 08-08-2011, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

How are the pickups mounted on the boat? That's most likely the problem. I'm changing water pickups on 2 boats right now.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pick ups

They are mounted to the same area that the drain plug is. The bottom of the hull is recessed in front of each pick up. The pick ups are adjustable. I am going to try lowering the center one. Is this the really Reggie responding to my question ??? If so, I am very impressed. Seeing all the changes that have happened in the industry, that you are out and still caring about customers and your product persoanlly. this is a true demonstaration of your passion for the boats you have created. I have a small marine shop here in Las Vegas and I am vary partial to Fountain, I have had alot of seat time in many differnt brands of boats. I have worked for a couple of your dealers back in the day. I worked on every model in the performance line and have upraded and rerigged alot of your product. These are boats that I always know what to expect. I hope in the future to see another offering from you, and be able to own a 47 lighting.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank you for the kind words. This is Reggie Fountain Jr, my dad is senior. We are heavy into custom/service work now at RF Powerboats & we have a new 43 RF Powerboat to come over the winter. Do you have any pics of the water pickups so I can see how they are mounted? If you message me your number I will give you a call tomorrow & see if I can help.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You check the inlet hoses and such. I had some that were crimped and pretty old this seemed to help.