considering purchasing a fountain >

considering purchasing a fountain

Notices

considering purchasing a fountain

Old 09-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
You cant tell me even with a step the twin 502's will be better on gas, they wont and once you get above 80mph or 83 your insurance goes up. I have been reading where steps are better for going faster but actually are better in rough water. The 96 sounds like a better boat that doesn't mean it's better for somebody. We always like to think bigger and faster is better but not always because it may be more than what somebody wants or wants to spend on it. Like I said the 91 still going to do 60-65, whats the problem
With all due respect...who the heyll considers fuel economy as a factor when buying a Fountain...or any other offshore boat for that matter? These boats are meant for people who want to go fast...period. They are not a Prius...and we are typically a group that is concerned with being "green". The boats we drive burn massive amounts of fuel..and make a lot of noise...and I love it. If you are concerned about fuel economy..then buy a sailboat. As far as the insurance deal....I honestly dont know...but its not like you are trying to insure a 160MPH Cat with 1550 Sterlings. You are splitting hairs here man..
Old 09-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Registered

Thanks for the reply guys... I just left looking at the 96 and it hasn't been touched in at least a year very dirty and I am worried about how it has been maintained. The 91 looks brand new like it just came out of the show room. It may be a bit slower but I am use to going around 40 on the water top end so with the 454 according to the owner it goes mid 60's so that is fast enough for me.......
Old 09-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 1,310 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt89
Thanks for the reply guys... I just left looking at the 96 and it hasn't been touched in at least a year very dirty and I am worried about how it has been maintained. The 91 looks brand new like it just came out of the show room. It may be a bit slower but I am use to going around 40 on the water top end so with the 454 according to the owner it goes mid 60's so that is fast enough for me.......
I'd take the one that is maintained better also, if a boat has been beat on, it can cost a lot fast.

U will want to go faster then mid 60's soon. It never ends!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NWPC
Where are you getting these "FACTS" because they are not what Ive seen in reality. My boat does over 80 and my insurance is no more because of it. Again, why do you own a fountain?
It's either 80-83 that is what Wake Zone asked me and told me, it put it in a different braket. Why do I own the fountain, because I like the looks, overall performance and speed. Mine does 70 and im content on that speed and really dont care if it goes faster, because like I said I rarely get above 55 as it anyways.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TRL505
With all due respect...who the heyll considers fuel economy as a factor when buying a Fountain...or any other offshore boat for that matter? These boats are meant for people who want to go fast...period. They are not a Prius...and we are typically a group that is concerned with being "green". The boats we drive burn massive amounts of fuel..and make a lot of noise...and I love it. If you are concerned about fuel economy..then buy a sailboat. As far as the insurance deal....I honestly dont know...but its not like you are trying to insure a 160MPH Cat with 1550 Sterlings. You are splitting hairs here man..
I wasn't making a big deal about just offering up the pros and cons. And yes if you are buying aboat like this fuel economy is out the window and if you think you are going to get good gas then you are in the wrong sport. But some us don't have the money to just spend spend spend, and if we can save 100 bucks per outing it matters.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Registered

If you're worried about insurance rates, there's a thread titled insurance quotes . . .

The biggest difference is the length of the boating season that makes the biggest difference in cost. . . . .
Old 09-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by TooTall
If you're worried about insurance rates, there's a thread titled insurance quotes . . .

The biggest difference is the length of the boating season that makes the biggest difference in cost. . . . .
I would add location to that as well. In Louisina we are high due to the Hurrincanes and I heard Florida is higher as well.

When I talked to Stacy at Wake zone she said speed was not much of a factor to me. I can run anywhere from 85-98GPS depending on what Pulleys I run of the superchargers. My insurnace would have been the same for either speed. The superchargers also did not add any to my premium from what I was told.