Is FOUNTAIN in trouble agin? >

Is FOUNTAIN in trouble agin?

Notices

Is FOUNTAIN in trouble agin?

Old 10-13-2011, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bgck13
It still amazes me people pay for extra for 2-3 unusable feet thanks to the Fountain's signature nose. 42ft is really a 39 if even.
It is just money and we have lots of it
Old 10-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It still amazes me people pay for extra for 2-3 unusable feet thanks to the Fountain's signature nose. 42ft is really a 39 if even.
It still amazes me why people worry about things that other people don't.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Go measure one and report back you dipsh*t
Old 10-13-2011, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Ok, this is my understanding.

Liberty owns the Baja brand (not sure if they are producing any) and the factory (formerly Fountain) in Washington, NC and employs the personal to actually manufacture boats and do service work on them.

AMH is the holding company that bought the Donzi, Fountain and Pro-Line brands (and molds) but does not actually produce the boats. I guess they figured they would buy these brands on the cheap and make a return on their investment as the economy improves. Sometime ago AMH reached an agreement where-by Liberty would mange the Donzi, Fountain and Pro-Line brands (market and produce them) at Liberty's facility in Wash, NC, for a fee no doubt.

It appears that Liberty has now pulled out of that arrangement - so production on new AHM brand boats has stopped, but the service work continues. One can only wonder why Liberty pulled out of the arrangement. As for Baja, I have no idea what Liberty plans for it.

I hope the two sides work it out.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Go measure one and report back you dipsh*t
Old 10-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Registered

becauce we Can , and I like to be the boat out ahead..
Old 10-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Ok, this is my understanding.

Liberty owns the Baja brand (not sure if they are producing any) and the factory (formerly Fountain) in Washington, NC and employs the personal to actually manufacture boats and do service work on them.

AMH is the holding company that bought the Donzi, Fountain and Pro-Line brands (and molds) but does not actually produce the boats. I guess they figured they would buy these brands on the cheap and make a return on their investment as the economy improves. Sometime ago AMH reached an agreement where-by Liberty would mange the Donzi, Fountain and Pro-Line brands (market and produce them) at Liberty's facility in Wash, NC, for a fee no doubt.

It appears that Liberty has now pulled out of that arrangement - so production on new AHM brand boats has stopped, but the service work continues. One can only wonder why Liberty pulled out of the arrangement. As for Baja, I have no idea what Liberty plans for it.

I hope the two sides work it out.
So if I read this right AMH has no place or personal to manufacture the boats.

Not good.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see your point, but actually, you are fully wrong! When you do swells at 80 mph, you use the full length for all its worth, and the nose give you extra lift in the water and in the air (like NO other boat!). The last section of the boat is great for flotation and give a practical and modern look, and the hull has a big notch. It goes faster becuse it is shorter (has the notch) but still use the full length of the hull in heavy seas. In addition, you have flaps. So your statement is somewhat incorrect. Sorry :-D
Old 10-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as for the integraded platform every boat today has one some as big as 3 or four feet like nortech and outerlimits so youre talking about the little beak in the front that distinguishes fountain from the rest . if you look at hustler 38 or cigarette 42 they slop up the same way to gain length instead of curve up like fountain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.