Fountain water in cabin >

Fountain water in cabin

Notices

Fountain water in cabin

Old 10-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain water in cabin

I have a 2000 32 fountain and im constantly getting water in the cabin under the step, anybody have any ideas?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:02 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the bow light. You can remove the front cabin mirror for a look in the beak for leaks. Do you use your cooler and drain it? It just drains into the floor stringers. Mine actuallly drained on top of the gas tank. I ran a drain hose from the cooler drain to the bilge, but have since removed the cooler in place of AC.

Have heard others say deck railing joints not sealed, but I'd think that would lead to staining the wall coverings with water running down the sides.
Also possibly the windshield screws???

Does it happen under normal use or only when washed/rained on? Helps to know the circumstances to narrow down the possibilites.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Check the bow light. You can remove the front cabin mirror for a look in the beak for leaks. Do you use your cooler and drain it? It just drains into the floor stringers. Mine actuallly drained on top of the gas tank. I ran a drain hose from the cooler drain to the bilge, but have since removed the cooler in place of AC.

Have heard others say deck railing joints not sealed, but I'd think that would lead to staining the wall coverings with water running down the sides.
Also possibly the windshield screws???

Does it happen under normal use or only when washed/rained on? Helps to know the circumstances to narrow down the possibilites.
I don't use the cooler, i think its rain water. thanks for the help
Old 10-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

yep... bow light, bow hatch, or cooler....
Old 10-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Dirtydeeds715
I have a 2000 32 fountain and im constantly getting water in the cabin under the step, anybody have any ideas?
I had that problem on my 35', this is what i figured out.
1. when the boat is on the trailer is sets bow low.
2. If you pull the plug on the cooler with the boat on the trailer the water drains forward, not back.
3 Check where and how long the drain hose is on the built in cooler, be sure it goes a ways back and then be sure to pull the plug and drain the water when the boat is still in the water and sitting bow high.
4. be sure to pull the drain plugs out of the boat when it is on the ramp and bow high so that the water in the bilge can't go forward.
5. If it rains and the boat is on the trailer the water that goes into the cockpit will drain forward also.

hope some of this helps.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:45 AM
Registered

Default bow rails

Check where bow rails bolt on up front . Mine leaked there caulking was old and dried out, also the bow cleat. Take the Mirror out up front and have someone hold a garden hose on that area outside with someone inside watching foe leakage.Hope this helps.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MICHAEL PFENNIG
Check where bow rails bolt on up front . Mine leaked there caulking was old and dried out, also the bow cleat. Take the Mirror out up front and have someone hold a garden hose on that area outside with someone inside watching foe leakage.Hope this helps.
Thanks for the help. I'll check it out this weekend.