Power to fuel pump on 525/Whipple >

Power to fuel pump on 525/Whipple

Notices

Power to fuel pump on 525/Whipple

Old 10-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power to fuel pump on 525/Whipple

My starboard engine has no power going to the fuel pump. The intermittent problem started last night. The engine started and then died. Started up again when I got it home and died after about 2 minutes. I put a meter on it today and there is no power going to the pump. I'm hoping it's just a relay. I tried to follow the wires but can't tell which relay is for the fuel pump.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Might be the computer itself.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:15 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

There are 2 square relays on the back of the engine. One is to turn on the ecm and the other is for the pump. The pump will only power up for 3 seconds when you turn on the key. The pump will turn on again as you start to crank the engine. That is the only time it will have power. You should be able to fell the relays click when the key is turned on. Then 3 seconds later you will here the pump relay click when it turns off.
Eddie
Old 10-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input guys....... After changing relays, borrowing a scan tool and tracing wires.... it was a broken connector hidden under heat shrink tubing. Runs great now...... I hope it's fixed.... intermittent electrical problems are the worst!
Old 10-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

on a whipple install i did about 5 years ago,we had a similar problem,it ended up being in the harness supplied from whipple,a 3 wire deal that goes to the injecter,one of the wires was not crimped to the pin and it wiggled loose.it just about drove me crazy till i found it.