38 fountain trailer dimensions >

38 fountain trailer dimensions

Notices

38 fountain trailer dimensions

Old 12-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 38 fountain trailer dimensions

Any one have access to dimensions of a 2009 Fountain 38 Lightning- I am having a trailer made up by Ace trailers
Old 12-07-2011, 02:51 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't give them the dimensions. They'll make it that way and if you're wrong $$$$$
They're the trailer company. Let them make what you need. Let them call Fountain for specs, or whoever.
My '02 38' was dropped off for the original owner at his slip. He never had a trailer. 2 years after that I bought it, called Myco and they built a trailer. When a firm completion date was set I drove from Seattle to Grand Lake of the Cherokee in 30 hours or so and beat the original owner by a couple of hours from returning with the new trailer. He did an 8 hour round trip to get it. The bow stop was a little off but when set it fit like a glove. We loaded it and 30 or so hours later I was home. What a rush that trip was!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 MAIDEN AMERICA
Don't give them the dimensions. They'll make it that way and if you're wrong $$$$$
They're the trailer company. Let them make what you need. Let them call Fountain for specs, or whoever.
My '02 38' was dropped off for the original owner at his slip. He never had a trailer. 2 years after that I bought it, called Myco and they built a trailer. When a firm completion date was set I drove from Seattle to Grand Lake of the Cherokee in 30 hours or so and beat the original owner by a couple of hours from returning with the new trailer. He did an 8 hour round trip to get it. The bow stop was a little off but when set it fit like a glove. We loaded it and 30 or so hours later I was home. What a rush that trip was!
As long as we are on this subject. How long is the tongue past the nose of your boat? And how far in front of the transome is the rear wheel? ( do you have trip axels?) I ask this because I believe my trailer was from a 42. And it seems too long and difficult to manuver. Thanks In Advance for you help
Old 12-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ratedx
Any one have access to dimensions of a 2009 Fountain 38 Lightning- I am having a trailer made up by Ace trailers
If they can't figure this out, are you sure these are the folks you want to build your trailer?
Old 12-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, Manning Marine built my trailer for my 47 Fountain. They never asked for any specs other than the year model and the boat sits on her as perfect as can be.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 38 Trailer

So hows your new trailer coming along??
Old 01-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
As long as we are on this subject. How long is the tongue past the nose of your boat? And how far in front of the transome is the rear wheel? ( do you have trip axels?) I ask this because I believe my trailer was from a 42. And it seems too long and difficult to manuver. Thanks In Advance for you help
Sorry for the delay

2002 38' Lightning
2004 Myco Tri Axle

CL of rear axle to rear of swim step is 7.5'
CL of rear axle to rear of trailer/transom is 5'
CL of rear axle to ball is 33'
Ball to Bea.....Bow is 3'
Old 01-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 MAIDEN AMERICA
Sorry for the delay

CL of rear axle to rear of trailer/transom is 5'
Thanks, Mine is about 4.5' Probly cause Mine is side by side. Also beak to ball was 8.5 I cut it done so now it is about 4.5 there as well