12 Meter project >

12 Meter project

Notices

12 Meter project

Old 01-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by flashpoint67
That boats a POS! My dad bought the only thing off it that was good, the #5 drives. Has cracks in it that you can put dimes in. Never seen a Fountain in such bad condition. Also, trailer looks like it would fall apart if you moved it to much.
Well than that could be a problem!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BRT
...and doing the work yourself

soldier4402, we have a place at Three Mile Bay. You're not at Ft Drum are you? My parents grew up in Goveneur.
not in army anymore, but yeah im by drum
Old 01-25-2012, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
The old 12 Meters are killer boats with the right setup. A pair of 850's and SSM V's it would be a hell of a boat. Can't compare a SSM V 40FT setup to a 29FT Fountain. I don't care what year it is! If this boat completly rigged and mint condition, is only worth 15-20G, I'll take two. I'd love to get into a 12 meter with SSM V's.

I think if the boat had the SSM V drives on it still, 20k without engines would be fair.

If someone lets say was looking for a 12 meter. You find one complete with TRS and some 500hp engines for sale, and pay 30k for it. By the time you freshen the engines, upgrade the drives, do some TLC, it wouldnt be unheard of to have 60-70k into the boat a year or two later. Something like this, its more of a clean slate. Sure your gonna have a TON of money into it, but you can do it your way from scratch. Fresh power, fresh drives, fresh interior, etc.

Considering there are still some guys asking 40-50g for a late 80's early 90's 35 Fountain with stock 454's and bravo's, I dont think this guy is that much out of line. Maybe 10k would be a little more fair, but I dont think this boat belongs in a junkyard, just yet.
Ehhh i dont know boss. You can get some late 90's 35's and even 42's for about what 60-70. You would have a minum of 20-30 into on an economy rebuild doing it yourself. Just isnt worth it. Sure you can do what you want. BUt I can do what I want and still be cheaper and newer.