Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Transducer Under Cabin Step??? >

Transducer Under Cabin Step???

Notices

Transducer Under Cabin Step???

Old 03-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Port side under the motor is where mine is on a twin 29 and in every bass boat I own or have owned they are always in the bilge area. They will stop working above appx 60 mph...they all stop working at high speeds.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JoCo32
Mine is on the port side inside the step. Maybe someone replaced the carpet and covered it. Mine is a 98 32' and it has the same plug in the bottom. I'll take a pic tomorrow.
Any luck on those pics? thx.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Registered

Ok so i took some pics myself today that show that my boat doesnt have a hand hole cover on the port side under the cabin step. Any thoughts? see pics...

Old 03-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Is yours a step hull?
Old 03-12-2012, 03:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

That position under the step is way too far foward unless you only want it to work off plain, when mine airs out the transducer stops working.
Rich
Old 03-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Is yours a step hull?
Yes, Step is kinda under rear seat.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RICHARD CUNY
That position under the step is way too far foward unless you only want it to work off plain, when mine airs out the transducer stops working.
Rich
Under the cabin step is where everyone is saying to put it. Some say theirs is under the step from the factory.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No, not under the cabin step, but off to the side of it.... accessed thru a access cover that would be located in the stringer shown in your 2nd pic. As I stated earlier, transducer has to be 12" +/- off center for solid hull.

Have you ever removed that floor fill cap for a look? Just curious if you ever find water in there
Old 03-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
No, not under the cabin step, but off to the side of it.... accessed thru a access cover that would be located in the stringer shown in your 2nd pic. As I stated earlier, transducer has to be 12" +/- off center for solid hull.

Have you ever removed that floor fill cap for a look? Just curious if you ever find water in there
Yeah, i was never going to mount the transducer on the very bottom keel. I know to mount a foot to the side. But I am showing that my boat has no access cover on the side of the step. I only showed the fill in the bottom of the floor so all could see what all I have. So I guess I'm screwed as far as mounting this thing?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Registered
Gold Member

My boat is in the shop but mine is mounted just to the right of the silver cover. What I would suggest you try is to get the boat in the water and place the tranduscer there to see if it work. You have to test it over the side of the boat then fill a bag with water and test it on the boat floor to see where the readings coincide. Most of the instructions you get with the transducers will tell you how to find the best mounting spot using that technique or one similar. Try that out and see waht you get.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.