Few questions for your brains >

Few questions for your brains

Notices

Few questions for your brains

Old 03-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few questions for your brains

How do I remove the round plexiglass lighted up fountain logo thingys..? I want to put speakers in those holes and when I go to take the phillips head screws out they just turn and dont come loose.

Second question where can I get the small panels that go around the switches for the drop down bolsters and the panel that has the hatch control in it in white instead of black like I currently have..?

Any help would be great.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FIVEPTOHH
How do I remove the round plexiglass lighted up fountain logo thingys..? I want to put speakers in those holes and when I go to take the phillips head screws out they just turn and dont come loose.

Second question where can I get the small panels that go around the switches for the drop down bolsters and the panel that has the hatch control in it in white instead of black like I currently have..?

Any help would be great.

Those screws go into blind nuts in a floating wood ring, the ring is like a giant washer on the back side of the panel. The screws sandwich the ring and the light around the panel and old it tight. the wood must be soft and you are just spinning the nut in the wood. It is a thin ring, if it is soft you might just be able to pull hard and break the wood ring to get them out. Other wise reach underneath, unhook the wires and unbolt the entre panel to get access to the blind nuts, you will have to remove the bolster as well.

Livorisi has panels, they can make all fountian panels as well.

Good luck
Old 03-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Registered

I had my stock bolster panels powder coated to match the rest of my aluminum pieces!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
Those screws go into blind nuts in a floating wood ring, the ring is like a giant washer on the back side of the panel. The screws sandwich the ring and the light around the panel and old it tight. the wood must be soft and you are just spinning the nut in the wood. It is a thin ring, if it is soft you might just be able to pull hard and break the wood ring to get them out. Other wise reach underneath, unhook the wires and unbolt the entre panel to get access to the blind nuts, you will have to remove the bolster as well.

Livorisi has panels, they can make all fountian panels as well.

Good luck
Thanks for the info. Now its time to get to work
Old 03-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Registered

Steve @ innotech will make them for you
Great guy

I just replaced my fountain lights covers with jl speakers. I had to roto zip the holes to install me speakers. It's a great upgrade.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 32 vette
Steve @ innotech will make them for you
Great guy

I just replaced my fountain lights covers with jl speakers. I had to roto zip the holes to install me speakers. It's a great upgrade.
What size speakers did you go with..?
Old 03-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Registered

If you pull out on the plexiglass while unscrewing sometimes it will make that nut grab and unscrew. I had to do this with mine. I ordered new plexi from Fountain and installed that, but I like the speaker idea.