Not complaining just need information >

Not complaining just need information

Notices

Not complaining just need information

Old 04-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not complaining just need information

Bought a 91 27 from a member in November. Brought it home put it in the shop. Got a 60 degree day in Dec. pulled it out to clean the bilge. putting it back in the shop and snap the right front spindel off the axel . Dam i'm lucky that did not happen on the highway. Axle replaced new brakes and master cylinder lifes good. March 2 we get hit with a tornado. 40k damaged to my home all homes around me are gone, dam I'm lucky. Get a new garge door install last Saturday. Pulled the boat out today to clean and inspect it for damage. Feeling pretty bad about doing this one neighbor lost her life in the storm 10 others lost thier homes and I'm worried about my boat. So putting the boat back in the shop, wife and friend watching then a big bang. The release cord on the new opener caught on the wind screen and broke the wind shield.
Where do I get a new wind shield and fastners looks to be tinted lexan? Sorry for the long post.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If yours doesn't have the deflector molded to the top, you can buy a sheet of acrylic and make it yourself.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad you beat the storm . hope youre luck changes . get a chance to run that big motor , sounds like a little complaining is ok
Old 04-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Registered

Deflector is bolted to the top. Where do you get the material?

Rob haven't ran the boat yet. Been to busy organizing repairs to the house and working. The basters want me there seven days a week at least 10 hour 's a day. I'm not a whinner but this is getting old. I'm very lucky compared to others. There's some video's of the area on you tube just google Moscow Ohio tornado.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any local plastic supplier should carry/get it for you.
Going to be pricey no matter how you go.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a clear top lip if you broke yours. I went w a new windshield from fountain on my 27. It was 700 bucks. But it does not need a clear deflector because it is molded in. I found my new one on ebay for less than the 700.. Then I got a guy on Uship dot com to get it here for about 180 bucks. Hope this helps. PS If you get the new stlye w the lip molded into it. The wind will go over you head instead of hitting you directly in the face. Congrats on weather the storm !!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Registered

Thanks for the information.
The old one has the clear bolt on deflector. it did not break the windshield did. Tryed to remove the windshield tonight could not get 3 screws out. Gave up for tonight.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Registered

you could drill it til the head comes off on the drill. then remove the windshield and take the rest out w a vise grip?
Old 04-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Registered

Thanks
I have some screw extrator's to try first if it does not work I use your idea. Just tough finding the time right now. I did email Fountain today. About 750$ shipped to Ohio . Looks to be my only option at this point.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Registered

you will love the new ws. It makes the boat so much better to drive as far as the wind. Your old one was probly sun crazed anyway. use only polish and never any windex or anything like that to clean it. Very important! Here is a pic of mine w the new winsdshield. I also installed the anti sun glair on the dash ( another $250) before I installed it. PS My sides were black plexy.

Last edited by mcprodesign; 10-10-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.