Shore Power and AC on staggered 35' Lightning >

Shore Power and AC on staggered 35' Lightning

Notices

Shore Power and AC on staggered 35' Lightning

Old 04-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FREAKY FAST
I am currently doing this exact install in my 32! I bought a 5000 btu window unit from Home Depot and a triplite 2250 watt inverter/charger along with 2 Odyssey batteries and 2 blue top Optimas. The custom audio shop I am using has done this many times and the owner has the exact same set up. They are installing shore power and the pannel for the hook up will be next to my right hip on the inside of the boat (along with the custom cup holder and audio wired Clarion remote they are installing. We are doing it like this because I will also be using a Honda eu2000i generator for those long days at the cove and the cord will just go around the windshield and into the panel. This way I don't have to cut anywhere in the hull.
The A/C unit is being mounted in the cabin on the storage closet wall. 6" of the evaporator will be inside the close and 3" will come out into the firewall by driver's feet but will barely be noticeable after they install the white screen around it. They are also making a custom drip pan that drains into the bilge for any condensation the unit makes inside or outside of the closet. I went up yesterday to check on it and they already have the holes cut for the sub boxes under the rear seat and also for the a/c unit. I will be back up there Fri and take some pics if anyone is interested in seeing them. Jay
I would love to see pics of this, let me get this straight....this is just a houshold a/c unit?

Could one be installed in the cabinet where my cooler is? The hot air would blow out to the gunwhale right?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
I would love to see pics of this, let me get this straight....this is just a houshold a/c unit?

Could one be installed in the cabinet where my cooler is? The hot air would blow out to the gunwhale right?
Yes you could mount it where your cooler is. If you scroll up to post #19, US1 explains this is where he mounted his. I considered this too and was going to have the exhaust air flow through an insulated duct, up and behind the hollow wall, just under the glove box and attach to a vent where the hand hole cover under the glove box on the bulkhead by the passenger's knees.
But I use my cooler and didn't want to lose it so mounting my in the closet.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We never used the cooler, so that wasn't a issue with us to loose it.

Your biggest obsticle will be to rid the heat from the unit itself, otherwise should work fine.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by FREAKY FAST
Where do you keep your drinks now? Bring a cooler on board I suppose?
Yes my wife uses the cooler for a bread box we hate smushed bread
Old 04-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need pictures
Old 04-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Registered

TTT , still waiting for pics .
Old 04-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Finally got a minute. I lightened up the panel picture but don't see the AC/GEN panel. Interesting, I wonder where the factory put it. You can see that the AC unit was under the front cushion.

The gen fit pretty well, I wish I could have moved on this boat, would have been a nice ride.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails Shore Power and AC on staggered 35' Lightning-photo5.jpg   Shore Power and AC on staggered 35' Lightning-photo13.jpg   Shore Power and AC on staggered 35' Lightning-photo9.jpg  

Shore Power and AC on staggered 35' Lightning-photo15.jpg  
Old 04-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Registered

wildman , you have a boat airconditioner and so does us1 . we want to see the house window airconditioner . I want to see it installed in the wall under the dash/bathroom wall .freaky fast , I need more pics and info on your a/c . thanks Tim

Last edited by tim brown; 04-22-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Sorry Tim,

The original guy wanted pics of a 35 staggard install and I said I would do it when I could. Just takes me forever with my work schedule.

As for the house unit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, seems to me the hot exhaust and condensation would be a PITA.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Registered

yours is really nice . that is big money for me . I forgot that was the topic . sorry . I want to see the unit installed under the dash . the heat would not be the problem in the cabin if you were in the cuddy sleeping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.