42 Lightning heads to Young Performance >

42 Lightning heads to Young Performance

Notices

42 Lightning heads to Young Performance

Old 06-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Why would I do that.....I don't even like him.

Engines look great Eddie...I am heading your way in a few hours.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Eddie, I assume you put your own version of cam in these. What was actually done? "Just" a refresh? What kind of Eddie Horsepower will these make when you are done?
Old 06-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Eddie, I assume you put your own version of cam in these. What was actually done? "Just" a refresh? What kind of Eddie Horsepower will these make when you are done?
Eddie does his own grind , Ive seen pics of him at the bench grinder wittleing away and his face and arms covered in cast powder .
Old 06-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, I did have a custom camshaft ground. It's a hyd roller that took the place of the flat tappet garbage. I also made a small bump in compression, since it is only 7.5:1 in stock form. We installed a set of Brodix alum heads with Manley valves, etc. We are also installing a smaller blower pulley to get the boost back that we lost with the better flowing heads and cam. I'm just looking to get it back to the stock 5-6psi. Along with the big parts are some smaller parts like Rollmaster double roller timing set, Cometic head gaskets, etc.
Eddie
Old 06-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Eddie,

How many hours were on these engines, and did you find anything alarming when you torn them down?
Old 06-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
Eddie,

How many hours were on these engines, and did you find anything alarming when you torn them down?
Aside from the cam shattering like peanut brittle when it was dropped on the floor from a height of less than 4 inches...I think all was good...lol. I think Trip 300's actually brought the cam (or what was left of it) back with him.

Eddie can elaborate...I just thought it was a very funny story.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:10 PM
Registered

Why would I do that.....I don't even like him.
Welcome to the club...try spending 40hrs in a truck with him.....torture.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Eddie,

If I'm not mistaken, there is about 200 hours on them. They looked pretty good, other than the cam that Eric mentioned. We were setting it on the ground prior to throwing it out. One end was on the ground and the other was about 4-5 inches from the ground. The one end was let go and it hit the ground and shattered like glass. It was incredible. Other than that, they looked pretty good.
Eddie
Old 06-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Yes, I did have a custom camshaft ground. It's a hyd roller that took the place of the flat tappet garbage. I also made a small bump in compression, since it is only 7.5:1 in stock form. We installed a set of Brodix alum heads with Manley valves, etc. We are also installing a smaller blower pulley to get the boost back that we lost with the better flowing heads and cam. I'm just looking to get it back to the stock 5-6psi. Along with the big parts are some smaller parts like Rollmaster double roller timing set, Cometic head gaskets, etc.
Eddie
What kind of HP out of your set up?
Old 06-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Registered

What kind of HP out of your set up?
It should be near 1000hp.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.