new 35' Fountain owner >

new 35' Fountain owner

Notices

new 35' Fountain owner

Old 04-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 35' Fountain owner

Hello All, my family and I are proud new owners of a 35' Fountain. Its a 91 with new reuphostelered interior, twin 510s blown, supposedly rebuilt bravo 1s (well see), and a new stereo. I just have a few questions, Im sure someone can answer, as I was not with my inlaws when they picked it up or Id asked the previous owners mechanic.

1) When winterizing, I was told by my father in law, that he watched the mechanic pour antifreeze thru the rear transom mounted shower hookup. Simple enough, I just am curious as to which valves to open and which ones to close. I see two valves on the hose that comes from the shower to each motor (so essentially there are two for port and two for starboard). I can not see where the hoses go exactly as the motors are crammed in so darn tight. I dont know if anyone even has a clue what Im talking about.

2) The motors have water pump bypasses on them, so I guess I can pull them apart to see if Tstats are in them, but if I follow the hose that comes out of the Heat exchanger, theres a black "box" that is in the hose that looks like a tstat may live in there, I really dont know I guess unless I take it apart.

3) What is the curculation route for water from the drives to the raw water pump then thru the motor? I see the intake and discharge on the pump I can not physically see where the hoses go.

4) What should water pressure be at idle then thru WOT? Im trying to help my father in law along so he has no trouble with the boat, naturally the son in law will fix it when it breaks, Im just trying to keep up on this boat and not knowing all the ins and outs would definitely help me a ton...Thanks agian everyone!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Registered

Old 04-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ESCOBAR
Very True....Im sorry, I havent been able to with our stupid camera plus Im at work and thought someone might be able to help. Ill try for pics tonight. SORRY!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Registered

Default New to the Family

Congrats on the purchase!!! Awesome boats have loved every minute since stepping up.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:11 AM
Registered

Thanks, we love it so far. Leavin Friday for its maiden voyage!!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats!!
Old 04-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

as far as winterizing, i have always hooked muffs to the lower drives and hooked a hose from the muffs to a bucket full of pink anti freeze, then ran boat until the water coming out of the upper exhaust pipes and exhaust through the drive is PINK. there is another method that you can do inside the boat as far unhooking a hose here and there and putting antifreeze in that way. Through the drive showers I dont know what that is all about
Old 04-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by blownincome
Congrats!!
whats odd is your avatar pic looks just like the top of our boat. ODD
Old 04-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats on the 91 Fountain, a great boat,well built , I run a 1990, 35 Lightning, great boat ,it run's and handles like a fine sports car, and rides great, as far as water pressure I run 18 psi on each engine, as far as winterizing, i'm with soldier 4402,, first I drain the blocks and exhaust, then put on the muff's and run 8 gal of 50-50 anti freeze thru each engine.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by andywenk
whats odd is your avatar pic looks just like the top of our boat. ODD
Oh you have that 91' I saw it a few years back in a ad for sale if I remember rite that boat was well updated including the patriot paint.. Enjoy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.