Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bimini Top

Anybody have any picture of a Bimini top on their 35
Old 04-20-2007, 11:22 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 35 White Lightning
I just had a Bimini top made for my 35. I will try to take a couple of pictures tomorrow and post them. I am going to take the boat out and test some new props.

The top came out very nice, but is taller than I would have preferred. But that was the only way the geometry could work out so that when the top is down it is behind the engine hatch covers and they can be opened.
David
Old 04-22-2007, 12:02 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 35 White Lightning
I took the boat out today, had a great time, the boat ran really well, tried my new 30p Bravo props, boat ran a solid 85 mph at 4900 rpm with two people and full fuel.

When I got home I put the Bimini top on, and was going to take pictures, I got two shots and then the battery died, it was almost dark, so this is what I have. There are two sets of flush mounting brackets, the rear set allow the top to fit behind the motor hatchs when folded down, and the hatches can be opened. When you are going to put the top up you move it to the forward mounts and then raise the top.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Registered

Default Factory Bimini

Here's a factory bimini on a 2000 35 Twin Step.
Attached Thumbnails Bimini Top-dsc03335.jpg   Bimini Top-dsc03336.jpg  
Old 04-22-2007, 11:05 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SteveR
Here's a factory bimini on a 2000 35 Twin Step.
Steve,
When it is folded down where does the top rest?

Nice looking, I like the profile.
Mine is taller than I would like because of the geometry to get the engine hatches open.

David

Last edited by Dkahnjob; 06-27-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Registered

Default Factory Bimini

Originally Posted by Dkahnjob
Steve,
When it is folded down where does the top rest?

Nice looking, I like the profile.
Mine is taller that I would like because of the geometry to get the engine hatches open.

David

David,

If you want to leave it in position, the front section will fold back onto the rear section and a sleeve cover protects the top. In that position, it would be in a similar position as an arch.

However, typically, when not in use, the bimini fit into the engine compartment. The below photo does not show the bimini stowed, but you can see the white shelves on each side of the engine compartment. The stainless arms fit toward the stern and the top crossed in front of the motors. The black straps in the foreground on each side held the stowed bimini in place. If I find a photo of the stowed bimini, I'll post. I don't know if Fountain offers this any longer. It was standard in 2000. I expect if you buy the optional bimini today, you might get this set up.

Steve.
Attached Thumbnails Bimini Top-dsc03802.jpg  
Old 04-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SteveR
David,

If you want to leave it in position, the front section will fold back onto the rear section and a sleeve cover protects the top. In that position, it would be in a similar position as an arch.

However, typically, when not in use, the bimini fit into the engine compartment. The below photo does not show the bimini stowed, but you can see the white shelves on each side of the engine compartment. The stainless arms fit toward the stern and the top crossed in front of the motors. The black straps in the foreground on each side held the stowed bimini in place. If I find a photo of the stowed bimini, I'll post. I don't know if Fountain offers this any longer. It was standard in 2000. I expect if you buy the optional bimini today, you might get this set up.

Steve.
Steve,
That is a really clean set up. I called the factory to try to order a factory Bimini for my 2000 recently, and they told me to have one made locally. I assumed that they just weren't made, since mine is a classic deck, it may not have been an option on my boat.
Your set is very clean.
Dave
Old 06-27-2007, 12:10 AM
Registered

Steve, do you have additional photos that you can post or email of your bimini. I am specifically looking to find out how you clearance the grab rail and side of windshield and does the bimini fold down aft or bow or stow in the engine bay. I am looking to add one to my boat but am trying to figure the best way to build it. I have access to a state of the art fabrication machine shop to help me with the project. Thank you for your help, Bryan
Old 06-27-2007, 06:42 AM
Registered

I bought this from Overton's and it should be here sometime this week. I didn't want anything permanent, just something for when we are anchored. We'll see how it works.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...w&i=26845&aID=
Old 06-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Registered

I am going to try the cover made by Taylor Made until I decide how I want to desin the bimini for my bat. I will be in Lake Mead over the weekend and it will be cooking out there. I would like to get some additional info on how Fountain made the bimini they offered. Such as geometry, lenghts and see it folded down towards the rear. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I can get the measurements I can make more for others that are interested and a greatly reduced reate than having a one off made. Any interest email me at [email protected] . Thank you, Bryan

Quick Reply: Bimini Top

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.