How does water get in front of the steps >

How does water get in front of the steps

Notices

How does water get in front of the steps

Old 05-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by halfgassed
a big problem on mine i've found so far was the bow cleat and bow lights but yet I still getting water under my step, even after I sealed them up.

I'm not shure YET if this has fixed my problem but I noticed the fairing was siliconed on the bottom and not from the top, so any water that came in from the backside of the fairing/ or any screw holes was staying trapped between the deck and the fairing and once it go high enough it would dump into the cabin/under the step through the screw holes. I pulled my entire race fairing off this winter and it was nasty between the fairing/deck. and all the stains/scum line ended barely above the screw holes that hold the fairing on.

I just scraped all the silicone off completely and ONLY siliconed around the screw holes between the deck/ fairing that way any water that does get in can atleast escape.
no fridge or toilet that could be leaking or condensating? I bet its your hand rails, go underneath and tighten the bolts down and silicon over them, I then wen around them on the outside and made a nice clean bead where you cant see them. I would also ensure you have a good cover.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any water in the bilge travels forward and doesnt drain back. These are the small steps and you can see the angle. I would get it dry and then plug off both sides of these tubes
Attached Thumbnails How does water get in front of the steps-220.jpg  
Old 05-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dkahnjob
Take a look at my post #8 on this thread. The reason you don't see any water draining from the cockpit area when you wash it down is because the water from those drains goes outboard of the stringers and then is running forward rather than back. This ends up under the step or forward below the anchor locker.
+1 what he sad
Old 05-22-2012, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pokher Ace
Any water in the bilge travels forward and doesnt drain back. These are the small steps and you can see the angle. I would get it dry and then plug off both sides of these tubes
That is a great pic of the floor. It almost looks like a long tube down the center too??
Old 05-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Registered

I gutted mine and doing a full coosa/ prisma preforms stringer system. Im real close to starting a thread on the resto. But there is 2 tubes on either side of the middle stringer, and this is where the gas tanks sit underneath the cockpit floor. Those tubes arent even schedule 40 pipe, there real thin wall stuff. I say to def block off both ends and then let it 'air out' everytime you wash it, because they do leak from bow rails, and front anchor locker. Just not near as much as what comes from the bilge.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the advice we took, plugging the bilge tube holes that run under the floor to the cabin, since then cabin's stayed dry
Old 05-23-2012, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This wouldnt be the same problem in a non-stepped hull would it?
Old 05-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would think so.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Registered

post some more pics ! . . .

really interested to see how the original stringers looked
Old 05-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 2KOOLPerformance
This is the advice we took, plugging the bilge tube holes that run under the floor to the cabin, since then cabin's stayed dry
Which holes?? The ones in the cockpit at the rear by the bench? Did you just reroute those to the engine compartment for drainage?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.