How does water get in front of the steps >

How does water get in front of the steps

Notices

How does water get in front of the steps

Old 05-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How does water get in front of the steps

If the boat is stored dry and the outside exit ( for the foreward bilge pump ) is plugged ?
Old 05-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Comes in the hatches or water leak from the fresh water system. I've seen it do both.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Registered

Maybe when we washed it huh
Old 05-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
Maybe when we washed it huh
Put someone in the cuddy and then spray the deck down again. I bet you figure it out.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on year and model I've heard and had an issue w ice cooler drain goes to bottom of v and never gets run back to drain...I just made my cooler drain out the side I also noticed if u get any rain water it's runs there from grab rail...once u get it there it can take awhile to dry out...I shopvac dry and put a fan on it and keep out of the rain and adjusted cooler drain haven't had a problem since...
Old 05-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Registered

I got no kitchen , no water ( Plummed) no drains. just seats, twin step 38. I has to be something. It stays dry and then when itake it out it has water in the area in front of the steps. Carpet never wet after washing it.. I'll have to check that when washing it. Anchor locker had water under it where the anchore wore through the floor. Pummped that out and glassed it up.. Plut a drain plug in there so i could check if it has water in it somehow. Ill have to check that too. Thanks
Old 05-19-2012, 07:04 AM
Registered

I got no kitchen , no water ( Plummed) no drains. just seats, twin step 38. I has to be something. It stays dry and then when itake it out it has water in the area in front of the steps. Carpet never wet after washing it.. I'll have to check that when washing it. Anchor locker had water under it where the anchore wore through the floor. Pummped that out and glassed it up.. Plut a drain plug in there so i could check if it has water in it somehow. Ill have to check that too. Thanks
I seem to always find water under that step as well. I use a shop vac to get it out and somehow water always seems to find its way back. If I ever figure it out I will let you know. There have been several threads about this issue.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member

Hi Chad,
How is the new boat? Looks nice.
The water thing under the step, I figured it out on my 35, here is what I found.
1. the boat sits slightly bow low when on the trailer.
2. the ice chest drain goes only part way back and dumps outboard of the stringers.
3. if you pull the plug on the ice chest when the boat is on the trailer the water goes forward and ends up under the step. If you pull the plug when the boat is still floating it is stern low and the water will go into the bilge and will not come forward.
4. the deck drains in the cockpit area do the same thing as the ice chest.
5. be sure the drains at the back of the stringers are open to let any water that gets in outboard of the outer stringers can drain to the center.
6. most Fountains leak under the molding at the swim step where the deck is mated to the hull. This can do the same thing as #3.

hope this helps.
Dave
Old 05-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Registered

Thanks Dave, I don't have any running water, cooler or Kitchen. I think it might be the steps themself. Maybe on deceleration it gets in front of the steps. My non step bottom boat never had this problem so I did not pay much attention to the other threads.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If the boat is stored dry and the outside exit ( for the foreward bilge pump ) is plugged ?
mcprodesign,
I thnk its a San Diego thing I have the same problem with my 47' I have no idea where that water comes from. can only say mine comes from the galley sink outlet but I'm still searching let me know if you find out anything else.

Thanks

P.S. Maybe I see you on the water this season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.