Tab position while planing >

Tab position while planing

Notices

Tab position while planing

Old 05-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tab position while planing

Bought the Fountain last fall and didn't have much time to mess with it last season. Anyway, I know the 27 arn't known for planing fast, my Scarab would kill it out of the hole. Where do you guys run your tabs when getting on plane? Running a 24 hydro and stock 502 mpi, so needless to say I don'd have big power. Just trying to see what others with more wheel time on the 27 than I have to say. The first time we went out, my wife was like "what the#@$% is wrong with this thing" LOL Thanks
Old 05-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Registered

Tabs down drives in as you feel it roll over take your tabs to 3 drives can go to 5 depending on speed google fountain has a good youtube video how how to drive
Old 05-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Registered

First let me say I am no expert at running high speed boats, Thou I am working on it. But I start with tabs all the way down (8) and drives all the way in. Once on plane I raise planners to 3 which is level with the bottom on my boat and slowly raise drives as so not to get any porpoising. Normally 3 1/2 or 4. Depends on the weight in the boat. Check out Youtube Reggie himself has a video on a real fast how to...
Old 05-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Registered

Thanks, checked out the you tube vid. Guess I was doing it right, she just doesn't plane super fast, oh well, still love the boat
Old 05-28-2012, 09:52 PM
Registered

Post a link to the video as I cannot find it!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Registered

Sounds stupid, but dont know how to do that. Just typed in Reggie Fountain on youtube, it is a long vid, about his boats and such, the section with him driving is about 3 min. If I can figure it out ill link it