32 fever conversion >

32 fever conversion

Notices

32 fever conversion

Old 05-28-2012, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32 fever conversion

Ok what are your thoughts on converting a twin engine 2000 or later 32 fever to a single 525EFi or 600SCi. Seems to be the popular set up nowadays with Outlerlimits and hustler coming out with their 29ft single boats. Fountain being no longer in business I think would have followed suit if they were. The 29 Fever is just a little too short and I think both the hustler and Outerlimits boats would be more comparable to a 32 Fever hull. I think it would be a great rig. Any thoughts?

RAF
Old 05-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Curious as to what you hope to accomplish by going from twins to a single setup?
Old 05-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Registered

Efficiency No 1, maintananance No 2, I am just flat out bored and want a project number 3. Its never been done. I feel that Fountain should have offered this boat in a big single. I had a 32 and a 38 that I just recently sold. for the type of boating I do on the rough waters of Lake Erie a 29 fever just cant get the job done. The extra length in my 32 actually ran quite well. I think the boat would look great in the water too. Not the " taking on water look" that all of them have. Again I am just a little bored and I think that a 32 fever single would be a contender in that market. Never been done.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

I think with some big power like 700 plus it would be pretty awesome.....be interesting to find out what a bare 32 hull weighs compared to a current OL or Hustler although I guess you could take the weight of your 32 and subtract the weight of one engine and drive and see how it compares...those modern big singles are pretty light.

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 05-28-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure the 32 would ride a bit nicer in the rough than the 29. How about a pair of LS motors instead of a big block single? All aluminum would be much lighter and you wouldn't have that "taken on water look." A pair of LS3s or LS7s would rocket a 32.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Wes Burmark
I'm sure the 32 would ride a bit nicer in the rough than the 29. How about a pair of LS motors instead of a big block single? All aluminum would be much lighter and you wouldn't have that "taken on water look." A pair of LS3s or LS7s would rocket a 32.
I was thinking the same thing. Also much easier to put 2 engines in a boat that was originally setup for 2. However I also think a 700 with nxt drive would be awesome in a 32.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 431 Likes on 208 Posts

Interesting idea, but it will be a money eating endeavor. The cost to modify to a single, plus engine, parts, labor will be big $$. Plus it will be a lab experience (Reggie never did it for a reason) so results may not be what you think.

And once you convert it, you will never-ever-ever be able to sell it, unless you gave it away for parts. So consider it a long term relationship.

My 2 cents.....
Old 05-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

For what its worth, I'd also sooner spend the money on two aluminum block engines than a single with a drive that can handle what you may need to get it out of the hole comfortably.

Aluminum heads alone would save a lot of weight for a fraction of the price. When my engines come out they are going aluminum block and heads, but I only play in fresh water so don't need to go the heat exchanger route. The parts aren't THAT expensive.

But, its your money and your toy, so the #1 rule is do whatever makes you happy.

The #2 rule is that half the time I don't know what I'm talking about
Old 05-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by techman
Interesting idea, but it will be a money eating endeavor. The cost to modify to a single, plus engine, parts, labor will be big $$. Plus it will be a lab experience (Reggie never did it for a reason) so results may not be what you think.

And once you convert it, you will never-ever-ever be able to sell it, unless you gave it away for parts. So consider it a long term relationship.

My 2 cents.....
All good points for sure. Certainly very valid. I would like to see this done if it is not me. Would be a very interesting project if it was even somewhat cost effective. Weighing selling 2 motors and drives to put against a big mill plus labor to re glass transom and stringers. I will cost more the question is how much more. Performance and handling should be on par with any other fountain out there. I think it would be a spectacular package. I need to decide how bored I am. Gosh I have been boatless for all of 5 months and already I am coming up with cockamamey ideas. lol

RAF
Old 05-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A few years ago imco came up with a single engine 2 drive setup to run big power and split between 2 drives! They did a test on a 35 Nordic I believe and it ran 115mph with a single 1000hp engine thru 2 bravo imco's. This set up you can put drives close together and engine further forward for optimal performance. The idea never caught on but I have always wanted to try it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.