Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
38 full staggered hard to plane!  ?? spacers? >

38 full staggered hard to plane! ?? spacers?

Notices

38 full staggered hard to plane! ?? spacers?

Old 06-07-2012, 06:09 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by obnoxus
buddy/customer has a 2006 42

was a BEAR to get on plane,,,,,put 2 inch spacers in and it crawls right on plane now and actually gained a few mph on the top end.

also drives different, it seems like it has enough grip now to carry the bow
Hey I know that guy....LOL
Old 06-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah you guys really know this set-up! i did feel a vibration-from where??? Ok prior owner put in titanium shafts -not ready to change lowers right now,would like to get some boating in-an i put in 1" spacers and work with BB blades(brett) for new props- Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ratedx
Yeah you guys really know this set-up! i did feel a vibration-from where??? Ok prior owner put in titanium shafts -not ready to change lowers right now,would like to get some boating in-an i put in 1" spacers and work with BB blades(brett) for new props- Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!
I could always feel a vibration in my feet when I was getting ready to brake while running down the river. It could be your upper or prop the lower you shouldn't hurt unless you have thrown a few blades on that shaft. You can spin the prop for a quick check on the shaft. Never broke the gears on the lowers just had to have them taken apart an cleaned out when you explode the upper.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ratedx
BBlades is great and I had him lab bravo 4 bl w no problems., .But when you have 5 or more blades and are up this high, labbing leads to braking really quick.( I am going w stock props and no labbing myself.)

You can rent a set of Props from BBlades for like 45 bucks and you get I think 14 day's to try them.. Its a Great Deal !!!
Chad
Old 06-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This has been a very intresting read and I feel real fortunate not to have experienced the issues some of you have had. In 225+ hours never through a blade, broke a shaft or blew a drive.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ARB38
This has been a very intresting read and I feel real fortunate not to have experienced the issues some of you have had. In 225+ hours never through a blade, broke a shaft or blew a drive.
Are you 1-2 inches above the bottom w prop centerline? Are you ruinning 5 and 6 blade props and do you have Bravo drives w 6-700 HP?

If so tell us your secrets !
Old 06-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
Are you 1-2 inches above the bottom w prop centerline? Are you ruinning 5 and 6 blade props and do you have Bravo drives w 6-700 HP?

I would love to find out what I did wrong.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcprodesign

525 boat, extension boxes, ran all the props you listed, 3/4 inch above the bottom with the prop shaft, boat runs high 90's, and you have the 32 pitch Herrings that I tested on the boat. Also won it's class at the LOTO Shootout the last 4 years.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ARB38
525 boat, extension boxes, ran all the props you listed, 3/4 inch above the bottom with the prop shaft, boat runs high 90's, and you have the 32 pitch Herrings that I tested on the boat. Also won it's class at the LOTO Shootout the last 4 years.
Al? Thanks for the ray of hope ! You have (had) the same style xrs as mine ( 03 04 ) they must be better than the new ones. My drive will be done any day now so I can try those herins. I'm hopin 97. Chad
Old 06-08-2012, 05:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah but 3/4 inch above the bottom of boat is alot different then 2" that i have?? bravo shop has 1/2 or 1" spacers- what size would you go with??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.