What's a real number for my boat >

What's a real number for my boat

Notices

What's a real number for my boat

Old 06-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's a real number for my boat

I think im going to sell my 32 fever. It's a 93 all white boat, 502 carbs with 390 hours. All new livorsi gauges, throttles, bezels, carbon fiber dash, new momo wheel, all red and chrome, New sea pumps, gimble rings, new white rub rail, newer three axle trailer, I spent 15k last year on upgrades, What's it worth, I see a lot of 32 for 45-60k but that's too much in my opinion. Any ideas. Needs nothing. I want a 35-38 ft boat. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:16 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

I have seen prices all over the place.But don't know if they are getting the money they are asking. We have a really nice 91 32 fever with custom paint ect.Been trying to sell for 2 years with no luck.Best offer with no motors was 12,000. best offer with my 40,000 new motors in it was 28,000 go figure. So LOT'S of luck hope you can get your price because here in Maryland you would have to give it away. JOHN SR
Old 06-25-2012, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want to get rid of it 25-30. Like you said I think that boat is only worth 30-33 on a good day Max. You can buy lat 90s right now for mid 30's to high 20's.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
I have seen prices all over the place.But don't know if they are getting the money they are asking. We have a really nice 91 32 fever with custom paint ect.Been trying to sell for 2 years with no luck.Best offer with no motors was 12,000. best offer with my 40,000 new motors in it was 28,000 go figure. So LOT'S of luck hope you can get your price because here in Maryland you would have to give it away. JOHN SR
not to be a dick but if you had standard 454 or 502 engines in that boat 28 is not a far off offer on a boat that age. Yeah you have new paint job what does that really add value or just keep value.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Default boat

Originally Posted by soldier4402
not to be a dick but if you had standard 454 or 502 engines in that boat 28 is not a far off offer on a boat that age. Yeah you have new paint job what does that really add value or just keep value.
Soldier you missed my point completely.JOHN SR
Old 06-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Registered

If it helps I paid 26 for a 94 with 502 mpi's that had banged up drives on a tri axle alum trailer 1 week before memorial day.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
Soldier you missed my point completely.JOHN SR
I got your point, I just thought you were having issues selling and was just giving my opinion. Thats all sorry for any confusion
Old 06-26-2012, 07:09 AM
Registered

Like I said earlier 25-35k is where you should be anything higher than that you are pipe dreaming unless you have some crazy rigging which may add some value. You see a lot of these older fountains out there for 40-50k price tags with mitcher T paint jobs and fancy motors, and they sit and sit and sit some more. Some people dont get that adding things to boat doesnt necessarily add value, its like putting chrome rims on a car, doesnt add value, when selling its hard though because as an owner one thinks there stuff is always worth more than it really it is.

Either way if I were you and boat is in good condition I would list for 33 and go from there based on how bad you want to sell it.

Last edited by soldier4402; 06-26-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Vette I'd say your on point w/ what you said in Another thread for price & go from there to try & keep the real low ball offers away.... Sorry bout not getting those pics, I'll send them tomorrow, for you as well prostock!!! Post up some pics you 2 please!!
Old 06-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Registered

true you always want to keep low ballers away but personally its a simple no. I know there is strategy when pricing, some people want to mark their stuff at bottom dollar and not budge, well unless its truley bottom dealer/steal most people want to feel as if they got deal and people get that feeling by haggling the price. You price to high and people dont look because they think you are to high. But a good strategy is to check blue book first because you'll have plenty of blue book worshippers out there. Which why to have comps on hand and ready as well. If you dont get any hits after two weeks lower the price.

Over the last 4 years I have sold 1 boat, 1 Car, 4 sleds, two sled trailers, and one travel trailer all in a week or less have sold everything at 90% or better of what I wanted, and actually made money on the boat and two sleds. Only really lost money on one sled trailer. The key was I always figure what premium price was and rock bottom and priced in the middle. Very rarely are you going to find somebody even these days that will premium on anything.

One last tip, make SURE you wash and clean your item before a for sale sign goes into it. You dont know how many toys I have went and looked at over the years where they looked like crap. And I can see through dirt but that shows me that you dont take care of stuff. Case in point bud and I went and looked at a Glastron 2 weeks ago, the thing looked like somebody took a loader full of dirt dumped it on the boat and it sat outside for two years with just a cockpit cover. Needless to say I think the guy was trying to pull a fast one over. drive was almost white had a florida sticker on the boat. Asked guy if this boat saw salt, "no, the owner(his brother who wasnt there, which somebody else showing something besides the owner is a red flag) lives here in NY but had an address in florida so thats where he registered." Right like paying 45 bucks for threes in NY would make you get some better benefit by having a florida tag. So if your going to hide things at least be smart.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.