Couple more questions >

Couple more questions

Notices

Couple more questions

Old 06-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Couple more questions

Couple more questions it seems Im always looking at things wondering.

Anways 91 fountain 29. From the back seat or under the firewall the fuel lines comes in by the floor for each engine. There looks to be some sort of filter right now the top it painted orange and there is black Fram on it which looks to be as old as the boat. There also is a ball valve on each. Now I change the fuel filter on the engine themselves but what are these?

Also should this boat have oil coolers? If somost of them I have seen are on top front, this has 454 mags? Unless Im looking in the wrong spot. Either way the oil temps stay good either way they rise a little bit and hold. I only ask because one engine has an eratic oil pressure it bounces and what not. The right engine maintains 40 at idle slow then about 50-60 the left is the same until speed then shows 80. Just thinking if the cooler has debris in it that the oil pressure in one engine might be higher. But then again the oil temps on both engines are identical. So that this point Im blaming the gauge.